It's Halal, but is it Tayyib?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Halal, but is it Tayyib?

In SA we have foutr halaaal certifying bodies.
    Each consult with different health bodies whom have differing opinions on what is healthy and what isnt.

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
      This is a very good point and interesting thread sis.. The issue is that we will most likely end up in a situation where things are too difficult, (maybe not), but how can you truly know that something you bought is not made/some part of it created somewhere where workers are exploited.. The thing with halal meat is that soo much of it is brought up in environments where they are force fed, not given roaming land, and brought up just to be killed with no life etc, or other things, which I'm sure Islamically they should be given, and we do eat meat and chicken as a whole, way too much, when it should be eaten much less.

Curious question has this made anyone consider becoming vegetarian? Or is anyone really sensitive to the idea of this, and how negatively and badly the animals are treated/just the whole process/idea and is put of by eating animals? I know they are given for us to eat Alhamdulillah, so they are halal. Just wondering about personal sensitivities here.. I was contemplating becoming vegetarian, because when I eat meat/chicken I have started to feel guilty.. I know it's halal of course and a blessing, but I can't make this feeling go away, and it's not haraam to be a veggie. Does anyone feel anything similar? Would be really intrigued to know..
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
        Wa Alaykumussalam
        This is a very good point and interesting thread sis.. The issue is that we will most likely end up in a situation where things are too difficult, (maybe not), but how can you truly know that something you bought is not made/some part of it created somewhere where workers are exploited.. The thing with halal meat is that soo much of it is brought up in environments where they are force fed, not given roaming land, and brought up just to be killed with no life etc, or other things, which I'm sure Islamically they should be given, and we do eat meat and chicken as a whole, way too much, when it should be eaten much less.

Curious question has this made anyone consider becoming vegetarian? Or is anyone really sensitive to the idea of this, and how negatively and badly the animals are treated/just the whole process/idea and is put of by eating animals? I know they are given for us to eat Alhamdulillah, so they are halal. Just wondering about personal sensitivities here.. I was contemplating becoming vegetarian, because when I eat meat/chicken I have started to feel guilty.. I know it's halal of course and a blessing, but I can't make this feeling go away, and it's not haraam to be a veggie. Does anyone feel anything similar? Would be really intrigued to know..
        Hmm,

Being a vegetarian won't solve your guilty feeling, because while you may feel great at first...you'll learn about the problems that come from produce. Chocolate, Avocados, and Quinoa, for example, have a bad history and present. The more you learn about food, the scarier things get because we've removed so much tayyib from it.
        مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
        It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
        Surah al-Baqarah
        [2:245]

.:.
        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
        ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
          Hmm,

Being a vegetarian won't solve your guilty feeling, because while you may feel great at first...you'll learn about the problems that come from produce. Chocolate, Avocados, and Quinoa, for example, have a bad history and present. The more you learn about food, the scarier things get because we've removed so much tayyib from it.
          I'm really sensitive though towards animals.. I don't wish to be, but I can't help it sis. Like if someone mentions chicken/lamb etc when I'm eating it, I feel sick guilty and I get put off immediately.. even though obviously I know it's halal and a blessing. I've always been like this since childhood. I went to an aquarium like 3 years ago now, and haven't been able to eat any fish at all since that, even though I used to eat it regularly, and like the taste of it..
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            I never classified it as non-tayyib, just mentioning that Muslims should strive to eat healthier because it's part of our deen.

Skittles is halal, but there's nothing good about them. It's processed, is paced with sugars and other chemicals, and it's not healthy. It is delicious though. Really really delicious.

Chicken is halal, but unless the chickens are in a farm that doesn't practice factory farming then it can't be tayyib. One of the conditions of halal is that the animals need to be cared for, eat good things, and killed humanely as possible.

I think Muslims are so focused on the halal that they sometimes forget about the tayyib and that's causing a lot of health problems for families.
            I agree 100%. As Muslims we should be careful of what we put into our bodies. Please guys do research on refined sugar, this stuff causes caner. Try to cut back on processed foods. Some people are literary giving themselves diabetes and cancers through the stuff their eating. Its not possible to eat organic 100% but try to do what you can.

Comment

Working...
            X