Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halal Jobs for Sisters

Originally posted by aynina View Post
    Yea sis it sounds interesting but then i have to go back to school and i relly want to move iyt of my parents house asap
    Oh. Well, in the US I heard they most dental lab techs learn on the job.

Are there employment offices that can help you find work? Someone else suggested becoming a receptionist and insha'Allah that could work.
    وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْ ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنْكًا

And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.
    (Quran 20:124)

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      I'm wondering about whether there's any way you could be self employed to run your own business or do something from home. If you're good at crafts then maybe stuff you can sell via Etsy type sites. I know a local woman who made samosas and snacks at home to cater for events such as birthday parties and that sort of thing. It started off as just making samosas for a few friends when they had events or gatherings but didn't want the stress of all the cooking but still wanted to serve decent home made dishes so they asked her... then over time she started charging for it and word spread about it and she kept getting orders.

Some ladies become driving instructors though not sure how you'd handle turning down men who ask to learn from you but inshaAllah there's some way around it. I don't know if you can drive or if that's feasible. What you said about making Islamic clothes sounds like a good idea. I wonder if there's some sort of temp job you can get to help you save for your own start up home business? Have you worked in a warehouse before? My sister used to work in one and there are men there but they just get on with their work and didn't give her any trouble. For office work they usually want someone with experience, even retail shop work they tend to want previous experience. If you volunteered for a charity place for a few months, that would give some experience which you can then put on your applications.
      Lol that sort of reminds me of Martha Stewart.

Maybe a women's driving school? If I could drive though

I was looking into working at call centers as well so maybe that would be a good way to save money. I don't think I'll have to pay rent in the beginning so alhamdulillah I can save the money that would have gone towards that. I think either working at a call center or finding a job as a receptionist would be a lot more realistic in my situation. Allahu alam.

A warehouse as in a storage facility? I passed that because I feared I'd have to do heavy lifting and I am so weak lol. I'm not really sure how they operate but if your sister can do it then insha'Allah I can too.

Yeah I think once I get the chance, if I volunteer I may be able to.

The more I think of it, I realized that I've volunteered for an organization before but I am not sure who I'd reference.

Barakallahu feeki :)
      Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 19-01-17, 05:15 PM.

And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.

Comment

If you mean "storage facility" as in the place where people rent out storage lockers, then no.

A lot of retail stores have a shop front where they display and sell their stuff to the customers, but they also have a stock section, sometimes at the back of the store, often it's a warehouse in larger stores, so that if for example the shelf containing shoes is almost empty, we call the warehouse to bring more upstairs and that sort of thing. It is more physical than office or receptionist work but I've seen many women work there.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
          Oh. Well, in the US I heard they most dental lab techs learn on the job.

Are there employment offices that can help you find work? Someone else suggested becoming a receptionist and insha'Allah that could work.
          Yes there are offices but belgium requires diploma for a lot of things for dental assistent you have 3 years in uni
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Halaal business for Sisters

I won't be able to further my education and I can't think of any halal jobs that don't require a degree where I'd make enough to sustain myself. Any suggestions?
            :salams Sister Aidaalej

in'shaa'ALLAH You could sell halaal products online from your home using Drop Shipping. Here is a link for drop shipping https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping .

Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price, but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.
            Last edited by ABDEL-AZEEM; 19-01-17, 08:07 PM.
            ALLAH AL-AZEEM is the one and only GOD and ALLAH AL-AZEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-AZEEM created the Earth and created everything in the Earth and created all of the heavens and created everything in all of the heavens and created all of the hells and created everything in all of the hells and created all of the universes and created everything in all of the universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Halaal business for Sisters

I won't be able to further my education and I can't think of any halal jobs that don't require a degree where I'd make enough to sustain myself. Any suggestions?

in'shaa'ALLAH If your able to artistically you could do what is called in Arabic as khatt Islami (خط اسلامي) known in English as Islamic calligraphy and sell your halaal Islamic calligraphy artwork in reputable online auctions to other muslimeen people in'shaa'ALLAH. Depending how good artistically you are in'shaa'ALLAH you could make hundreds of dollars from selling a single drawing of halaal Islamic calligraphy artwork from what I had seen in the past on online reputable auctions.

Last edited by ABDEL-AZEEM; 19-01-17, 08:48 PM.
              ALLAH AL-AZEEM is the one and only GOD and ALLAH AL-AZEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-AZEEM created the Earth and created everything in the Earth and created all of the heavens and created everything in all of the heavens and created all of the hells and created everything in all of the hells and created all of the universes and created everything in all of the universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Re: Halaal business for Sisters

You can work as :

1. A seamstress - you can stitch abayas, hijabs, jilbaabs etc
                2. A Jewelry designer
                3. A shop assistant - in a cosmetics or lingerie store or in the ladies' department of any major store
                4. A beautician - anything from henna painting to applying full bridal makeup
                5. Are you good at cooking/baking ? You can start your own halal takeaway
                6. A Fitness instructor
                7. An assistant in a nursery/school/day care center
                8. A secretary for any female boss

Comment

You can become an "ethical hacker", become an expert hacker and companies will pay a lot for you to test their systems, and its totally badass :up:

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
                    You can work as :

1. A seamstress - you can stitch abayas, hijabs, jilbaabs etc
                    2. A Jewelry designer
                    3. A shop assistant - in a cosmetics or lingerie store or in the ladies' department of any major store
                    4. A beautician - anything from henna painting to applying full bridal makeup
                    5. Are you good at cooking/baking ? You can start your own halal takeaway
                    6. A Fitness instructor
                    7. An assistant in a nursery/school/day care center
                    8. A secretary for any female boss
                    Lowballing a bit in some areas, why just to be a secretary for a female boss, when she could be the boss herself :D

Comment

why not try to do freelance web development or apps etc?

Comment

You could write short halaal stories in'shaa'ALLAH and in'shaa'ALLAH you could sell these short halaal stories online using Amazon's Kindle Singles program—which publishes works of fiction or creative nonfiction of 5,000–30,000 words—it sold more than 2 million short titles in 14 months. Today, it’s further promoting short fiction with a Short Reads section—where customers can choose stories from the Singles library by the length of time required to read them—and Day One magazine, which showcases short fiction from new authors. http://www.writersdigest.com/online-...ff-for-writers

Here is a link about Amazon's Kindle Singles Submissions Policy https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1000700491

Last edited by ABDEL-AZEEM; 19-01-17, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdi_Rahman View Post
                          Lowballing a bit in some areas, why just to be a secretary for a female boss, when she could be the boss herself :D
                          Idealistically, you can be anything you desire, but you gotta be realistic in this scenario.

If you've got no degree, no funds, no family support/back-up , no place to live and have to work to sustain yourself fully, then you will have to start from the bottom of the rungs & gradually make your way up with hard work, sheer will & perseverance.

Unfortunately, there are no short cuts to success.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                            Yes there are offices but belgium requires diploma for a lot of things for dental assistent you have 3 years in uni
                            Alhamdulillah, Allah is ar Razaq. Insha'Allah you'll find something.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                              If you mean "storage facility" as in the place where people rent out storage lockers, then no.

A lot of retail stores have a shop front where they display and sell their stuff to the customers, but they also have a stock section, sometimes at the back of the store, often it's a warehouse in larger stores, so that if for example the shelf containing shoes is almost empty, we call the warehouse to bring more upstairs and that sort of thing. It is more physical than office or receptionist work but I've seen many women work there.
                              Oh okay.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDEL-AZEEM View Post

in'shaa'ALLAH You could sell halaal products online from your home using Drop Shipping. Here is a link for drop shipping https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping .

Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price, but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.
                                Originally posted by ABDEL-AZEEM View Post
                                in'shaa'ALLAH If your able to artistically you could do what is called in Arabic as khatt Islami (خط اسلامي) known in English as Islamic calligraphy and sell your halaal Islamic calligraphy artwork in reputable online auctions to other muslimeen people in'shaa'ALLAH. Depending how good artistically you are in'shaa'ALLAH you could make hundreds of dollars from selling a single drawing of halaal Islamic calligraphy artwork from what I had seen in the past on online reputable auctions.

Waaleikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Barakallahu feek

Comment

Working...
                                X