Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank interest

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Today i wanted to ask a question that affects all Muslims around the world, and that being interests. So my question is that "what should you do with the money(interest) that you get from your bank?????? For many years i have been banking but not knowing what to do with the interest in my account, i have requested for it to stop, but they said it can not stop as that is part of the bank rules everywhere.I REALLY NEED A VERY DETAILED ANSWER???

Re: Bank interest

:wswrwb:

As a general rule, no Muslim by his free choice should deposit his money in an interest-bearing account. You must immediately transfer your money to a non interest-bearing account.

It is incumbent upon you to give the interest money from the bank as charity to the poor without the intention of receiving reward. This charity is meant only for disposing of an unclean and unlawful money and to relieve oneself from the burden of an ill-gotten gain. This is not counted as sadaqah (charity), because Allaah is Good and only accepts that which is good and pure.

But it should be remembered that this amount is unclean only for the person who has received it as interest. The poor persons who get it from him as charity can use this amount for their personal benefits.

Comment

Re: Bank interest

Originally posted by marykhan View Post
      السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Today i wanted to ask a question that affects all Muslims around the world, and that being interests. So my question is that "what should you do with the money(interest) that you get from your bank?????? For many years i have been banking but not knowing what to do with the interest in my account, i have requested for it to stop, but they said it can not stop as that is part of the bank rules everywhere.I REALLY NEED A VERY DETAILED ANSWER???
      my bank natwest doesn't pay me any interest, unless I sign up to a certain account.
      Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Working...
      X