Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attending Quran Khwani

Assalamualaikum all,

I know when it comes to having a Quran Khani, or Khatam, it's bidah as this isn't in accordance with the Quran or Sunnah. But what if a close friend or family member has invited you to attend their event and it would upset them a lot if you didn't go. Would it be okay to go there with the sole intention of not upsetting anyone, and not participating, but only reading Quran for the sake of Allah and personal benefit? Or is it wrong to go as the event itself is an innovation? I'm a bit confused about this!

Waiting for your answers,

JazakAllah Khair

Re: Attending Quran Khwani

Wa alaykum salam

No you can not go as it would be approving of the place and their evil practices and showing support whereas they should be shunned.

However if you go there to advice and correct them that is okay.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Re: Attending Quran Khwani

Originally posted by adamidris View Post
      Assalamualaikum all,

I know when it comes to having a Quran Khani, or Khatam, it's bidah as this isn't in accordance with the Quran or Sunnah. But what if a close friend or family member has invited you to attend their event and it would upset them a lot if you didn't go. Would it be okay to go there with the sole intention of not upsetting anyone, and not participating, but only reading Quran for the sake of Allah and personal benefit? Or is it wrong to go as the event itself is an innovation? I'm a bit confused about this!

Waiting for your answers,

JazakAllah Khair
      How is it Biddah? Listening to the recitation of the Quran isn't Biddah.
      He who loses money, loses much.

He who loses a friend, loses more.

He who loses faith, loses ALL.

Comment

Working...
      X