Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do NOT put alcohol (ethanol) or H2O2 on wounds

:salams:

Just thought I'd share information I'd recently learned.

Ethanol and H2O2 (hydrogen perioxide) are ineffective against bacteria when dealing with OPEN WOUNDS. They are great antiseptics if you wish to disinfect the surface of closed skin. The exposure to the blood is what renders them ineffective so as long as there are no wounds, in sha' Allah, they are great antiseptics (after visiting a sick person for example).

The best possible antiseptic for wounds (and for disinfecting closed skin as well) is povidone iodine (commonly known as Beta-dine).

There are also anti-biotic creams, however there is risk of bacterial resistance (but this will not damage cell tissue which makes wounds heal faster).

Also don't use any Antibiotic-infused soaps/detergents because when you disinfect counters with the antibiotic enriched disinfectant, the bacteria may develop resistance. Instead just use chemical agents like Bleach or Lysol or any chemical based detergent. In sha' Allah they kill bacteria effectively with a much lower risk for bacterial resistance.

In sha' Allah this will help others because I wasn't aware at all.

Re: Do NOT put alcohol (ethanol) or H2O2 on wounds

:wswrwb:

:jkk:

And I think Lysol is more effective than bleach.
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post

:jkk:

And I think Lysol is more effective than bleach.
      Oh, I'm not too sure about that but both are very effective against microbes. I will add that Lysol's main ingredient is Phenol based and the genus Pseudomonas is generally resistant to phenol derivatives.

Comment

:jkk: I didn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
          :jkk: I didn't know.

Wa iyak brother, I know I didn't either

Comment

Working...