Sisters working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sisters working

Speaking of picking and choosing.. I wonder what IslamQA would have to say about this forum as well as the previous chatbox re:free-mixing. There's only a handful of people on here who can honestly say they come on for "dawah" purposes and are constantly posting reminders/Islamic content.
    17-07

Comment

Originally posted by SheSaid View Post
      Speaking of picking and choosing.. I wonder what IslamQA would have to say about this forum as well as the previous chatbox re:free-mixing. There's only a handful of people on here who can honestly say they come on for "dawah" purposes and are constantly posting reminders/Islamic content.
      One haram act doesn't justify another. Just because a large amount of people free mix on here, doesn't mean that it's okay for others to work in mixed places.

And also, instead of saying that freemixing occurs here, why don't you advise people when you see them doing it? If more people advised then the mixing would surely reduce.
      Last edited by hasan2013; 06-01-17, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DespoticTendencies View Post
        :up:
        I'm going to be honest with you, I can't really read your post due to the weird formatting that you used.
        مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
        It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
        Surah al-Baqarah
        [2:245]

.:.
        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
        ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
          Exactly. Most women I know works out of necessity, but people here seems to live on a parallel universe where women work for "fun', and all the men are practicing brothers who prefer their wife to stay at home. The reality (at least where I'm from) is that most men would prefer their wives to work, because the cost of living is expensive, and they would like us to "share" the burden.
          If they don't want to work then why do they agree to 'share the burden'? why marry someone who expects you to work if you don't want to work?
          شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
          فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
          وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
          ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
            The first one. This is why men don't like marrying women who make more money than themselves. Similar to why women won't marry men who are way more attractive than them.
            That's such a bad comparison
            in my view i don't know how a man can be more attractive but let's say he is more attractive to women than she is attractive to men. Most women will still marry him, only the insecure ones won't.
            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
              Interesting. I'm curious - would you respect your husband purely because he is paying the bills and providing for you? And if he was able to do neither (God Forbid) - would you disrespect him?

If some sisters are working, then that's their prerogative, who are we to judge what their personal situation may be? I know of some sisters who work because financially they wouldn't be able to manage without the money. They may dislike the situation, and 'complain' about work, but they have to continue.

I think it's easier to say 'haraam' and put others down, however if the tables were turned, then surely we'd do the same.
              It depends why he can't work. Even if it's nobodies fault, i'm not going to be happy working and that's going to be expressed in other ways. I can see myself going to work and bringing all that negativity back into the home because for me to work I would have to literally be forced. I would have to be dragged outside every morning lol. so am I going to be a nice person to someone who forced me to work? nope.

I'm obviously talking about those who say they work to 'keep sane' and because they don't want to be 'stuck in the house all day' but then they still complain about their jobs. If you work because 'it's fun', stop complaining about hours, your boss etc

Sisters keep saying they don't work because they want to but because 'most men' expect them to or because one income isn't enough. You know how much he earns before you marry him so if you don't want to work, why marry someone who you know can't afford for you not to work?
              ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Working...
              X