Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Islamic way of curing depression?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Islamic way of curing depression?

Sighhhhhh
    “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Re: What is the Islamic way of curing depression?

اللهم إِنِّي عَبْـدُكَ ابْنُ عَبْـدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِـكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَـدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤكَ أَسْأَلُـكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّـيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أِوْ أَنْزَلْتَـهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْـتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِـكَ أَوِ اسْتَـأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْـبِ عِنْـدَكَ أَنْ تَجْـعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيـعَ قَلْبِـي، وَنورَ صَـدْرِي وجَلَاءَ حُـزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّـي

‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi’

“O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says this du'a but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” (Ahmad 1/391)
    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Comment

What is the Islamic way of curing depression?

At times, we develop this feeling of dissatisfaction, discomfort and discontentment in our hearts. There may not be a reason for it, but you feel that even though you have got what you wanted and your life is currently as good as it can get; these feelings do not budge. Know that these feelings are in fact good.

It is due to these feelings we fall to our knees and beg him to place peace into our hearts. It is due to these feelings we open His divine book and utter the same words HE Azza wa jal sent to be uttered by the Prophet (SalAllaahu 'alaihi wa salaam). It is these feelings that remind us that we were once residents of Jannah - thus the pure, sinless parts of our hearts are yearning to return therein - in order to be satisfied, content and comforted...

FBook
      إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Verily, in the rememberance of Allah do hearts find rest. (13:28) I love this ayah.

Comment

http://understandquran.com/surahs-depression.html

Don't know about cure but the surahs in above link might provide some relief.

Comment

All of the above Insha ' Allah.
            I just wanted to add.. changing things in your life and therapy too, Insha ' Allah. Perhaps meds depending on the severity.
            Never underestimate the power of Du'aa.
            And also making practical changes in your life and visiting the docs too is needed sometimes
            Allah s.w.t knows best

What's making you depressed.. This world is so material. is it your job.. what are you interested in and find a new one.. make that a long term goal
            Want to get married.. ask your family for help
            Feel alone... we are social creatures so try and keep your close fam and friends close
            Set a routine.. Reflect on your blessings.. say Alhamdulillah.. Volunteer... Do something you've been interested in doing for a while
            Depression is of varying forms.. if its mild it can be dealt with.. if more severe can be more underlying persistent long term debilitating.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Antithesis of depression and frustration is gratitude and acceptance. However cliche this may sound, you may want learn it makes life bearable.
              '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Six Productive and Practical Steps for Walking Out of Depression
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
                  Sighhhhhh
                  what is the nature of your depression akhie?

is it medical or simply feeling down due to another reason

Comment

Reading quran and other forms of thikr like studying islam or Salaat , etc
                    and be patient son

iman is Yemeni
                    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
                      Sighhhhhh
                      It's all in your head, instead of letting filth and garbage occupy your mind let it be the rememberance of Allah.

Also, with the qur'an read it and memorise it slowly taking you time to implement the lessons you learn from it.
                      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                      [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Working...
                      X