Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats a Salafi?!

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    They should find a reliable scholar locally and learn from them, in sha Allah.A newcomer doesn't even have to get in to these groups and titles to begin with.
    Excellent way to subtly rebut

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
    just follow the leading scholars and dont take your deen from every tom dick and harry...

try bin othymeen, Al Albani , Bin baaz, Sh. Fowzan , etc
    Would you not agree?
    Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
      Please answer question when you come back from the doctor. Thanks
      That's what your doctor told you to tell anyone who asks a question? Okay fine I'll wait.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

There are deviant salafies.

So what name can i use now to distinguish myself from the deviant salafies? And then after that what name, and after that what name?
        Mr poopoo
        The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

They should find a reliable scholar locally and learn from them, in sha Allah.A newcomer doesn't even have to get in to these groups and titles to begin with.
          Brother mirror, yes they really do, especially if it means you don't realise you're following deviance. I don't want to learn any deviant beliefs! I know Inshallah that I won't be held responsible for them if I am unaware but if these matters are bothersome to experienced Muslims, then they're important and I would imagine, local scholars could be equally so.

No need to reply, I don't want to further derail the topic.

Comment

There are deviant salafies.

So what name can i use now to distinguish myself from the deviant salafies? And then after that what name, and after that what name?
            There are deviant humans in every category known to man. What can Man invent in terms of organizational structures that cannot be infiltrated and deviated by Shayateen? How did the tribes of Israel do? How did the sects of Jews do? How did the Roman church do? How did the Christian sects do? How did the Shia do? How did the sufi orders do? How did the Occult groups do? How did the modern corporations and organizations do?

The Prophet warned us after hadrat Umar :RA: the doors to fitan will be broken and never end until the Day of Judgment.

Abu Wa'il narrated from Hudhaifah that 'Umar said:
            "Which of you remembers what the Messenger of Allah(s.a.w) said about the Fitnah?" So Hudhaifah said: "I do." Hudhaifah said: "A man's Fitnah is in his family, his wealth, his children, and his neighbors. It is atoned for by the Salat, fasting, charity, and by commanding good and forbidding evil." 'Umar said: "I am not asking you about this. Rather, about the Fitnah that spreads like the waves of the sea." He said: "O Commander of the Believers! Between you and it is a closed door." 'Umar said: "Will it be opened or broken?" He said: "It will be broken." He said: "Then it will never be closed until the Day of Judgement." [sahih Jami Tirmidhi]

The martyrdom of khalifa Umar :RA:- an assasination of the Amirul Mumineen- is the perhaps the highest form of fitnah and darkness possible to mankind.
            No human organizational structure or culture is safe from deviancy, corruption thereafter.

Rather, the only organizational structures that should be upheld beyond any doubt are those in which Allah AWJ has prescribed for Mankind until the Day. Thus, we are Muslim believers who follow the Sunnah of the Prophet as exemplified by the righteous predecessors, the Sahaba :RA:, the Tabieen, and tabi tabieen (rhm) and those righteous predecessors who follow them.

What is required for all is to gain the knowledge and comprehension of these concepts and hold onto them with sincerity and serious gravity comparable to one's belief.

So one may recognize oneself as what is described today as "salaif"- a follower of the salaf w salih- but one should identify oneself as a Muslim, or better: a Mumin or Muminat. And this would be consistent with the Wahy.
            Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
            " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
              Brother mirror, yes they really do, especially if it means you don't realise you're following deviance. I don't want to learn any deviant beliefs! I know Inshallah that I won't be held responsible for them if I am unaware but if these matters are bothersome to experienced Muslims, then they're important and I would imagine, local scholars could be equally so.

وَلَا تَقْفُ مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ

And follow not that of which you have not the knowledge

Quran 17:36
              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                That's what your doctor told you to tell anyone who asks a question? Okay fine I'll wait.
                Broi it was sarcasm. I guess I should avoid it. May Allah forgive me.
                Watch those eyes

Comment

That's why I said you need to find a reliable scholar. Someone who is not going to lead you to deviancy.

A new Muslim does not have the capability to throw themselves into century long discussions of maddhab, sects, etc., as they need to focus on perfecting their obligations first and not get overwhelmed by other matters. It will only deter them from being a better Muslim and might even make them think negatively about Islam as a whole.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

That's why I said you need to find a reliable scholar. Someone who is not going to lead you to deviancy.

A new Muslim does not have the capability to throw themselves into century long discussions of maddhab, sects, etc., as they need to focus on perfecting their obligations first and not get overwhelmed by other matters. It will only deter them from being a better Muslim and might even make them think negatively about Islam as a whole.
                    I did read your word 'reliable', that's why I said that a local scholar could equally be so. They could be seen as reliable but with deviant beliefs if others around them in the local masjid also have similar beliefs.

You don't know my local masjid or the imam, so how can you be aware of whether the teachers there have sound beliefs or not. That's why, new or not, a new Muslim needs to quickly pick up on these issues.

It's similar to Christianity in that, a new Christian will either learn one of two beliefs both in opposition to each other and both believing each other to be deviant. Calvinism and Armenianism.

The new Christian will not be aware that they are being indoctrinated into the one or other but they will have been by the time they're well versed in the basics and for some of them it's too late by then.

Comment

I did read your word 'reliable', that's why I said that a local scholar could equally be so. They could be seen as reliable but with deviant beliefs if others around them in the local masjid also have similar beliefs.

You don't know my local masjid or the imam, so how can you be aware of whether the teachers there have sound beliefs or not. That's why, new or not, a new Muslim needs to quickly pick up on these issues.

It's similar to Christianity in that, a new Christian will either learn one of two beliefs both in opposition to each other and both believing each other to be deviant. Calvinism and Armenianism.

The new Christian will not be aware that they are being indoctrinated into the one or other but they will have been by the time they're well versed in the basics and for some of them it's too late by then.
                      Exactly.

Comment

You really do not need to pick up on this issues as it will take too much time for a new Muslim to be worrying about these things. People who have been Muslim all their lives don't understand and properly grasp these issues, let alone a new Muslim. Yes, what you should do is get the basics of the Islam and obviously if someone is teaching you something against it, then you should be able to judge them based on that. But, Alhamdulillah, there are a lot of Ahlus Sunnah masajid, resources available online, as well as books and lectures.

And at the end, you always make Dua'a to Allah to guide you to what is correct, in sha Allah.
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Thank you for the brief discussion. May Allah (swt) guide us all to what is right and make it easy for us to see it, ameen.

Comment

Working...
                          X