Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete career change

Salam alaykum

Has anyone here changed their profession to one in a completely different industry, if so how did you manage?

Or alternatively left their job to start their own business in a different industry

Example would be: left job as Chemical Engineer to start business in app development

Re: Complete career change

Wa Alaykumussalam
    Well I'm intending to do so, but it's not the leaps as portrayed above. What I want to get into requires like 1.5 years of qualifications and experience, so going to start that next month, whilst working in my current job too.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Re: Complete career change

yep. well I wouldn't call it a career, but after Uni I ended up in some call centre for a water company. abandoned the dead job after 2 years. Studied lots of IT courses/exams, did unpaid work experience till I found work.
      Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Working...
      X