Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you ever be too nice?

:salams

I know it's good to be kind but sometimes you get weirded out by people like do extremely nice ppl ever creep you out??
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    42.86%
    dunno
    7.14%
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Re: Can you ever be too nice?

Wa aleiykum salaam
    Not because of the creep factor, im very nice and people appreciate that but the thing is you hurt yourself cus people use you or you start feeling used
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
      Wa aleiykum salaam
      Not because of the creep factor, im very nice and people appreciate that but the thing is you hurt yourself cus people use you or you start feeling used
      That's too bad I know how it feels to be used and i hate it when people do that
      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
        That's too bad I know how it feels to be used and i hate it when people do that
        Ikrrrr me too
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
          :salams

I know it's good to be kind but sometimes you get weirded out by people like do extremely nice ppl ever creep you out??
          I think it's a mentality thing too. Like if we come across someone who is super nice, we start thinking like 'what's their motive? Why are they so nice and is it because they want something from?' Stuff like that. Although it's a wrong way of thinking, in my opinion. We should give people benefit of the doubt but there are just some shady people out there. Can't trust nobody!
          Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Yes, I'm always weirded out by overly nice people. I don't like being around them.

Comment

People who are too nice are too insipid and boring. They are also annoying and make me feel uncomfortable. Equally, people who are too forthcoming with compliments also are annoying.

Comment

You lose out by being too nice. I've been self employed for couple years and whenever I try being good, I end up being stepped over. But alhamdulillah Allah is the best provider
                There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Do you mean people who don't display negative emotions like anger or disappointment?

I've yet to come across someone who is 'too nice'.

Comment

:(

Comment

:wswrwb:

Depends, just like with everything in life.

It's hard to find that balance.

If you're sucking up to me I'd rather you not. Be nice for genuine reasons but don't over do it by praising people all the time. You might find yourself in a tricky situation in the future where you've decided to change your opinions on that certain individual.

I find it suspicious and I know that's wrong. My environment has had a role to play in that so if I meet an overly nice person, I'd prefer to get to know them a bit more before convincing myself that they are 'creeps'.
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I like them...For instance, Arabs are 'extra' nice when you're at their home. They make sure you feel home, and I honestly like it :D. It makes me feel comfortable...All in all, it's better to be too nice than cold and rude.

Comment

Originally posted by DerGlšubiger View Post
                          I like them...For instance, Arabs are 'extra' nice when you're at their home. They make sure you feel home, and I honestly like it :D. It makes me feel comfortable...All in all, it's better to be too nice than cold and rude.
                          Are you a 'nice' person?

If so, why do you think you're nice?
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I'll be too nice when I need something. That long lost brother who I forgotten to speak to is now my buddy.

Only joking.
                            8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                            2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                            3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                            4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                            5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                            6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                            7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                            8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                              :(
                              ?

Comment

Working...
                              X