X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I avoid exercising?

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
    :salams:

For the past few months I've been experiencing lower back pain but it would come and go. I didn't want to schedule a doctor's appointment 3 months down the road if it would go away. So I wanted to wait and see what happened. A few months later I'm in constant pain. Some days it isn't that bad, but the ache is still there. Mostly (and sorry to the brothers) it would happen during that time of the month for me. But then it would happen when I wasn't on it and like I've said it has been constant since then. Probably 3 months it has lasted.

I don't feel any pain in my upper back, it's just in my lower. I'm planning next week to start eating better and exercising but I don't know if I should exercise with this pain. I don't know what it is, but I plan on Monday making an appointment with my doctor. The only downside is I'll have to wait until March/April until I can probably see my doctor. It's hard for me to just eat healthy and have that be it, usually I get more motivated by eating healthier if I'm exercising. Normally I just watch videos on youtube and ride our exercise bike, but the videos usually contain movements that would hurt my back. Actually I think all exercises would do that lol.

Maybe some of you know exercises that are good if you have a back problem, I don't know. I just don't want to hold off on this until I see my doctor. I can continue to eat better but the motivation might not stick if I'm not doing anything active. Maybe walks would be best.
    3 things come to mind.

1 you do not stretch properly- your muscle should be warm due to stretching and warming up this will engage your body more and will reduce pains.

2 bad form- you need to execute the exercise better.

3 your body weight to muscle ratio is high(BMI). If you just start off while obese or overweight you will feel pain due to too much strain on the muscle you already have. You need to keep going and built muscle. Yes women need to do strength exercises before anything else. forget cardio if you do this. Start off with doing squats 3 times a week along with plank, running plank and push ups only. try doing as much as 100 daily in 20 intervals.

so
    1 stretch
    2 do these exercises
    3 drink plenty of water and eat healthy

good luck.

Comment

Re: Should I avoid exercising?

all I get from exercising is injuries. sometimes I wonder if its even worth it lol. my knees never been the same since I twisted it like 15 years ago.

had annoying rotator cuff injury, which some how disappeared after few weeks.
      Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Working...
      X