Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I avoid exercising?

:salams:

For the past few months I've been experiencing lower back pain but it would come and go. I didn't want to schedule a doctor's appointment 3 months down the road if it would go away. So I wanted to wait and see what happened. A few months later I'm in constant pain. Some days it isn't that bad, but the ache is still there. Mostly (and sorry to the brothers) it would happen during that time of the month for me. But then it would happen when I wasn't on it and like I've said it has been constant since then. Probably 3 months it has lasted.

I don't feel any pain in my upper back, it's just in my lower. I'm planning next week to start eating better and exercising but I don't know if I should exercise with this pain. I don't know what it is, but I plan on Monday making an appointment with my doctor. The only downside is I'll have to wait until March/April until I can probably see my doctor. It's hard for me to just eat healthy and have that be it, usually I get more motivated by eating healthier if I'm exercising. Normally I just watch videos on youtube and ride our exercise bike, but the videos usually contain movements that would hurt my back. Actually I think all exercises would do that lol.

Maybe some of you know exercises that are good if you have a back problem, I don't know. I just don't want to hold off on this until I see my doctor. I can continue to eat better but the motivation might not stick if I'm not doing anything active. Maybe walks would be best.

Re: Should I avoid exercising?

:wswrwb:

What exercises do you do? Have you tried the muscle relaxant sprays/plasters?

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post

What exercises do you do? Have you tried the muscle relaxant sprays/plasters?
      I watch a video on youtube that has sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks, jump rope..can't remember the rest since it has been a few months. There's three parts though. First is beginners, second is intermediate, and third is advanced. But I take a couple weeks on each so I'd get used to them before I'd jump into the next set of exercises.

I rode the exercise bike as well.

And no I haven't. Are those for exercising if your back hurts or another part of your body? I'm so noobish about this stuff lol

Comment

Avoid the pharmacy. No need for muscle relaxants/sprays.Exercises are natural and will help you certainly.

Comment

::wswrwb::

It's probably a combination of things.

1) If you bleed a lot during periods, that will sap your strength and cause lower back ache
          2) Exercise bike is not ideal as all your weight is on the tail bone and that could make it painful after

Here's what I recommend:

Sleep early and get at least 7 hours each night if not 8
          Drink plenty of plain water
          Eat more meat, liver, chicken and fish
          Stop using the exercise bike and take up walking for now
          Don't train on period times
          Don't overtrain. You ought to feel fresh and fit every day not tired. Cut back on the amount of training you do. Good health is mostly about living a healthy lifestyle. So it would include a decent diet and sleep routine. Training is probably only 20% of it.

For now, don't do anything till you feel better, then take up speed walking for half an hour every few days
          When it becomes normal for you to walk at speed as part of your lifestyle and your back is better, ask again and I'll let you know a simple cardio routine to make you solid.

Comment

Me too the doc said its blocked you need to see someone sis it doesnt solve itself
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
              Avoid the pharmacy. No need for muscle relaxants/sprays.Exercises are natural and will help you certainly.
              Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
              ::wswrwb::

It's probably a combination of things.

1) If you bleed a lot during periods, that will sap your strength and cause lower back ache
              2) Exercise bike is not ideal as all your weight is on the tail bone and that could make it painful after

Here's what I recommend:

Sleep early and get at least 7 hours each night if not 8
              Drink plenty of plain water
              Eat more meat, liver, chicken and fish
              Stop using the exercise bike and take up walking for now
              Don't train on period times
              Don't overtrain. You ought to feel fresh and fit every day not tired. Cut back on the amount of training you do. Good health is mostly about living a healthy lifestyle. So it would include a decent diet and sleep routine. Training is probably only 20% of it.

For now, don't do anything till you feel better, then take up speed walking for half an hour every few days
              When it becomes normal for you to walk at speed as part of your lifestyle and your back is better, ask again and I'll let you know a simple cardio routine to make you solid.
              Originally posted by aynina View Post
              Me too the doc said its blocked you need to see someone sis it doesnt solve itself
              I haven't ridden the exercise bike in awhile so I doubt it's that, and I doubt exercising of any kind caused it because it started in September and the last time I exercised was early August.

But :jkk: for the advice & help. I think I'll focus on walking and I'll look up exercises for back problems. I'll probably take it really slow on those since I don't want to pull anything and make it worse.

It's weird because my back doesn't hurt at all today.

Comment

The other thing that comes to mind is the kidneys, located on each side of the lower back.
                They remove toxins from the blood.
                Drink plenty of water.
                Lower back pain is usually associated with weakness so implement a healthy sleeping and eating routine and work on your posture (see Alexander Technique).
                In the meantime, don't take it lightly, see a doctor.

Comment

^I think the above comment contains good advice: ask the Dr to check your kidneys and try to ensure you have good posture so that you don't aggravate your back. Hopefully the Dr will figure out what's wrong with your back and help with that inshaAllah.

I think it might be worthwhile to ask your Dr to refer you to physio as that way, you can be given exercises that can improve your flexibility and help your back instead of potentially hurting it.

As for the pain, in my experience, massaging the area with black seed oil can help. We also make a drink called Kaara which is made by lightly frying a teaspoon of chopped nuts and a third of a teaspoon of turmeric in a little ghee (you can use butter if you don't have ghee), then add milk and a little honey (or sugar) to taste, mix together until the milk is scalding hot and it's ready. Drinking that can help soothe aches and pains too. It's better to try these natural remedies before resorting to painkillers.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

When and how did the pain start?

I have had back problems for years and I would say see the doctor asap. Mine still isnt right after many years and has effected my ability to exercise etc

Ii did the usual buy painkillers etc and keep going and aggravated things

It maybe anything form not warming up right for exercises, so inflammation/muscle tear to discs etc

Get it checked out

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                      :salams:

For the past few months I've been experiencing lower back pain but it would come and go. I didn't want to schedule a doctor's appointment 3 months down the road if it would go away. So I wanted to wait and see what happened. A few months later I'm in constant pain. Some days it isn't that bad, but the ache is still there. Mostly (and sorry to the brothers) it would happen during that time of the month for me. But then it would happen when I wasn't on it and like I've said it has been constant since then. Probably 3 months it has lasted.

I don't feel any pain in my upper back, it's just in my lower. I'm planning next week to start eating better and exercising but I don't know if I should exercise with this pain. I don't know what it is, but I plan on Monday making an appointment with my doctor. The only downside is I'll have to wait until March/April until I can probably see my doctor. It's hard for me to just eat healthy and have that be it, usually I get more motivated by eating healthier if I'm exercising. Normally I just watch videos on youtube and ride our exercise bike, but the videos usually contain movements that would hurt my back. Actually I think all exercises would do that lol.

Maybe some of you know exercises that are good if you have a back problem, I don't know. I just don't want to hold off on this until I see my doctor. I can continue to eat better but the motivation might not stick if I'm not doing anything active. Maybe walks would be best.
                      Sis stay away from any weights. As for exercising, I mainly recommend very low impact exercises like walking, swimming and especially cycling. Don't ever push yourself and steer clear of any HIIT/intense exercise that require using body weight until you get the doctor's okay. You want to reduce the risk of injury as much as possible. Stretching can also be beneficial.

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
                        Make du'aa and visit the docs asap sis.
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
                          The other thing that comes to mind is the kidneys, located on each side of the lower back.
                          They remove toxins from the blood.
                          Drink plenty of water.
                          Lower back pain is usually associated with weakness so implement a healthy sleeping and eating routine and work on your posture (see Alexander Technique).
                          In the meantime, don't take it lightly, see a doctor.
                          People have said it might be my kidneys but I'm not gonna start worrying about it until my doctor sees me. But I don't know what else it will be. Hopefully my kidneys don't shut down on me before I see my doctor :S..if that's what it is.

Thank you.

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                          ^I think the above comment contains good advice: ask the Dr to check your kidneys and try to ensure you have good posture so that you don't aggravate your back. Hopefully the Dr will figure out what's wrong with your back and help with that inshaAllah.

I think it might be worthwhile to ask your Dr to refer you to physio as that way, you can be given exercises that can improve your flexibility and help your back instead of potentially hurting it.

As for the pain, in my experience, massaging the area with black seed oil can help. We also make a drink called Kaara which is made by lightly frying a teaspoon of chopped nuts and a third of a teaspoon of turmeric in a little ghee (you can use butter if you don't have ghee), then add milk and a little honey (or sugar) to taste, mix together until the milk is scalding hot and it's ready. Drinking that can help soothe aches and pains too. It's better to try these natural remedies before resorting to painkillers.
                          I was gonna make an appointment today but I think they're closed. So I might tomorrow. I really don't want to go to the doctor. I don't wanna be alone with my doctor. I don't know what he's gonna do to check my back, I don't want him touching me. Bleh.

Thanks, I'll look into that. See if I can find any black seed oil. Always heard that works wonders.

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                          When and how did the pain start?

I have had back problems for years and I would say see the doctor asap. Mine still isnt right after many years and has effected my ability to exercise etc

Ii did the usual buy painkillers etc and keep going and aggravated things

It maybe anything form not warming up right for exercises, so inflammation/muscle tear to discs etc

Get it checked out
                          Sometime over the Summer. But it only happened every once in awhile. Starting Septemberish it became more frequent.

I'll try to make an appointment, just really nervous about it.

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
                          Sis stay away from any weights. As for exercising, I mainly recommend very low impact exercises like walking, swimming and especially cycling. Don't ever push yourself and steer clear of any HIIT/intense exercise that require using body weight until you get the doctor's okay. You want to reduce the risk of injury as much as possible. Stretching can also be beneficial.
                          Oh yeah I don't do weights anyways lol. I like doing cardio exercises, but I'm not sure if I can do those either right now. I'm gonna start walking around the neighborhood more often for sure though...gonna have my dad walk with me since I don't live in the safest area.

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                          Wa Alaykumussalam
                          Make du'aa and visit the docs asap sis.
                          :jkk:.

Comment

I don't exercise anymore due to wrist and hip issues. I also have lower back ache. I know there are some bands you can get to exercise, this involves attaching it to somewhere like a door and gently pulling yourself up and down to strengthen your back.

My doctor is hard work so I gave up on them.

Get a blood test done as soon as possible. I stopped exercising because the pain worsened. I didn't see any point of injuring myself like that.

If possible, you're better off going for a walk with a family member like your dad or mum.
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I don't exercise anymore due to wrist and hip issues. I also have lower back ache. I know there are some bands you can get to exercise, this involves attaching it to somewhere like a door and gently pulling yourself up and down to strengthen your back.

My doctor is hard work so I gave up on them.

Get a blood test done as soon as possible. I stopped exercising because the pain worsened. I didn't see any point of injuring myself like that.

If possible, you're better off going for a walk with a family member like your dad or mum.
                              Sorry about your wrist and hip issue :(. I hope it gets better :insha:.

Yeah I don't wanna risk hurting myself more, but my back pain has lessened yesterday and today. Sometimes when I get up in the morning I can feel it but it goes away..still though I'll take it easy.

It's been a couple years since I've had blood work done, if it is something to do with my kidneys will it show up in blood work? I hope it's nothing serious like that :(

Comment

Working...
                              X