No announcement yet.

They say microwaves are bad for you but THIS IS WHAT they donít tell you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They say microwaves are bad for you but THIS IS WHAT they donít tell you

Yeah this is basically why we don't have a microwave in the house, and why we've never had it before..
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear RecordĒ
    [al-Aníaam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
      If all of this was confirmed brother, microwaves would be banned.

Microwaves wave length are even longer than that of visible light, so I'm not too sure how "harmful" they are to us.
      So it's just theory and unconfirmed suspicions
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

World Health Organisation says they are safe to use, when used according to manufacturer instructions.

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/publicati...microwaves/en/

As for if it's healthier to do traditional cooking using cooker etc than microwave, then that's a yes.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/stayin...-and-nutrition
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
          You work in the medical field?
          Care to write some things regarding optimum nutrition and lifestyle?
          Why would you be offended by my post, brother, I'm simply saying to be careful about everything you read online. You never know who paid that website to write such an article. Many of us (almost all of us) use microwaves in our homes; they're convenient, cheap and very practical. To say I will get cancer and die because I used it would be a heavy statement unless backed up by some evidence, otherwise, these are just claims. In fact, microwaves don't even affect bacteria; it's the heat projected onto the bacteria that kills it. Wouldn't you think if microwaves were really causing this deadly surge of cancer, they'd be banned?
          How in the world did you conclude he was offended? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
            So it's just theory and unconfirmed suspicions
            Absolutely, in my previous posts I've pointed out how 2 of their points aren't even related to microwaves themselves:

1) vitamins and minerals are reduced because heat reduces them regardless of the way they're heated
            2) colon cancer's main cause is processed meats (nitrates/nitrites to be exact) and not microwaves, that is why they are rising

Also charred meat is a carcinogen, it doesn't mean you will absolutely get cancer; in fact, you're more in danger of the UV rays from the sun than the microwaves' carcinogens (if there are any, which I'm sure there is considering there are carcinogens in almost everything these days). You never know who paid this website to write such an article, so never trust anything without proper citation from a research. Anyone can make claims and even if those claims are right, (the carcinogen part) how dangerous are those to humans? How stressed, truly,are our cells because of these threats?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
              I don't know, I perceived it as him saying "do you work in the medical field to know what you are talking about?" and "how about YOU write an article, if you're so informed". Something like that. It's just how I perceived it, which is wrong of me since I should have husnul dhan.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                I don't know, I perceived it as him saying "do you work in the medical field to know what you are talking about?" and "how about YOU write an article, if you're so informed". Something like that. It's just how I perceived it, which is wrong of me since I should have husnul dhan.
                Lol ok.

Comment

This is 90s myth when the microwave came out, everyone was like this is bad and would cause cancer.

We have moved on from those times.

Once upon a time cigarettes were good and okay but now we have evidence its bad.

Allah knows best. But I rarely have microwaved food.
                  8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                  2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                  3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                  4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                  5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                  6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                  7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                  8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

I've always hated microwaved food. It takes water out of the food and takes bad. But the Mrs insisted so I have one :)
                    There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded_One View Post
                      Microwaves are fine. Most of the accusations are baseless conspiracy theories
                      haha reminds me of a TV show I been watching lately. A guy is allergic to electricity. he wears a anti-static blanket, and asks everyone to leave their phones and gadgets outside the house before entering
                      Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Originally posted by deen1984 View Post
                        haha reminds me of a TV show I been watching lately. A guy is allergic to electricity. he wears a anti-static blanket, and asks everyone to leave their phones and gadgets outside the house before entering
                        I think I know which TV show lol
                        There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Wouldn't you think if microwaves were really causing this deadly surge of cancer, they'd be banned?
                          Even if it was true I don't think they'd ban microwaves.
                          Narrated Anas:
                          The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Working...
                          X