They say microwaves are bad for you but THIS IS WHAT they donít tell you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They say microwaves are bad for you but THIS IS WHAT they donít tell you

■Consuming microwaved good ‘shorts out’ electrical impulses in the brain, causing permanent brain damage

■Long-term consumption of microwaved food causes an increase of cancer cells in the blood

■The mineral, vitamin, and overall nutritional profile of mircowaved food is significantly reduced

■Microwaved foods cause intestinal and stomach cancer growth, which may explain the rapid increased rate of colon cancer

■Frequent ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through serum alterations and lymph gland alterations

■Eating microwaved foods causes loss of concentration and memory, decrease of intelligence, and emotional instability

■Heating up milk and cereal grains in a microwave oven turns some of their amino acids into carcinogens

■Short exposure of raw, cooked, or frozen veggies turned their plant alkaloids into carcinogens

■Thawing frozen fruits turned their galactoside and glucoside containing fractions into carcinogens

Source: http://besthealthyguide.com/say-micr...bad-dont-tell/

They say microwaves are bad for you but THIS IS WHAT they don’t tell you

SubhanAllah I knew microwaves were bad but not this bad, see this is why I need to move to BD.
    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Re: They say microwaves are bad for you but THIS IS WHAT they donít tell you

My beat friends mum microwaves everything -.-
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Theistic View Post
        [B] ■Consuming microwaved good Ďshorts outí electrical impulses in the brain, causing permanent brain damage
        ■Long-term consumption of microwaved food causes an increase of cancer cells in the blood

■The mineral, vitamin, and overall nutritional profile of mircowaved food is significantly reduced

■Microwaved foods cause intestinal and stomach cancer growth, which may explain the rapid increased rate of colon cancer

■Frequent ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through serum alterations and lymph gland alterations

■Eating microwaved foods causes loss of concentration and memory, decrease of intelligence, and emotional instability

■Heating up milk and cereal grains in a microwave oven turns some of their amino acids into carcinogens

■Short exposure of raw, cooked, or frozen veggies turned their plant alkaloids into carcinogens

■Thawing frozen fruits turned their galactoside and glucoside containing fractions into carcinogens

I'm sorry but I find this very hard to believe and exaggerated. I wish they'd quote some sort of study to support these extreme claims.

1st bolded: heating of any form decreases vitamins and minerals
        2nd: Actually the main culprit for colon cancer is processed meats due to the nitrates and nitrites present in meat products

As for all the carcinogens, there are so many present all around us. Even burnt meat is a carcinogen. I mean at least they need to quote conclusive studies that suggest there is a positive correlation between a significant increase of certain carcinogens due to microwaving. And later follow that up with a correlation between how fatal these carcinogens actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
          I'm sorry but I find this very hard to believe and exaggerated. I wish they'd quote some sort of study to support these extreme claims.

2nd: Actually the main culprit for colon cancer is processed meats due to the nitrates and nitrites present in meat products

As for all the carcinogens, there are so many present all around us. Even burnt meat is a carcinogen. I mean at least they need to quote conclusive studies that suggest there is a positive correlation between a significant increase of certain carcinogens due to microwaving. And later follow that up with a correlation between how fatal these carcinogens actually are.
          You work in the medical field?
          Care to write some things regarding optimum nutrition and lifestyle?

Comment

Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
            You work in the medical field?
            Care to write some things regarding optimum nutrition and lifestyle?
            Why would you be offended by my post, brother, I'm simply saying to be careful about everything you read online. You never know who paid that website to write such an article. Many of us (almost all of us) use microwaves in our homes; they're convenient, cheap and very practical. To say I will get cancer and die because I used it would be a heavy statement unless backed up by some evidence, otherwise, these are just claims. In fact, microwaves don't even affect bacteria; it's the heat projected onto the bacteria that kills it. Wouldn't you think if microwaves were really causing this deadly surge of cancer, they'd be banned?

Comment

I'm not offended dear sis.
              I agree with your opinion and feel you know more than me regarding nutrition and thus was simply asking you to share some of the things you know regarding good nutrition and lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
                I'm not offended dear sis.
                I agree with your opinion and feel you know more than me regarding nutrition and thus was simply asking you to share some of the things you know regarding good nutrition and lifestyle.
                Oh :jkk: brother, I'm sorry I misunderstood.

Sub'ana Allah, we live in an age were even our fruits and vegetables are man-made (even genetically modified to have pesticides integrated into their DNA!). Really, can't go wrong with the good old fashion eat a plant-based diet with some halal meats here and there (grains are especially great since they are cheap and do not require any preservatives since they're desiccated which prevents bacterial growth and fungi; they're also high in anti-oxidants). I don't think anyone should cut out junk food completely because they may isolate themselves from social gatherings or they may feel like they're "missing something" (food can affect our psyche), however, if one is able to do that without feeling like they're missing anything, it's certainly better for them. Sub'ana Allah, just like how the Prophet ate is best SAAWS. I don't believe he ate a lot of meat or all the time and of course, dates are very rich in minerals and do not spoil easily.

There has been some studies that suggest the natural occurring bacteria in yogurt help with weight loss (it certainly helps our good bacteria). Technically all fermented foods that have pro-biotics are great, but the problem with fermented foods can be the presence as alcohol so that is why I find yogurt to be the best.

Berries are great because of their antioxidants as well (but can be very expensive in my opinion).

I don't believe in counting calories or macros or anything, just eating what you feel like eating. If you feel like having a bit of fat and you are craving nuts, have them, or if you are craving sweets, have some fruit. Don't ever limit your carbs/fats/proteins. Whole foods can never do you wrong in sha' Allah.

I also think exercise is a must to keep a healthy body, however I don't mean the "gym" exercises. Gym training can be highly beneficial, however, one wrong move and someone can pull a muscle, dislocate their joint, tear tendons and ligaments; those all can take a long while to heal (except for the dislocation) and injuries can prevent you from moving your body. So I think the best form of daily exercise anyone can do is simple walking (brisk walking as well), walking up stairs, cycling is also very excellent if someone has time because it's very gentle on the joints. I think the best of all is walking because it's something we can all do. I don't ever recommend running because it takes a toll on the knees, especially on hard surfaces such as machines and pavements. If one is able to make time for muscle strengthening exercises, that would both benefit men and women since they reduce osteoporosis (especially in women since we are so prone when older), however, one must be very careful to do correct form to not get injured. Body exercises like Pilates are also great at gaining strength with very minimal damage.

Again, sub'ana Allah, it was said that the Prophet SAAWS used to be a very fast walker (if I recall correctly) and look at how walking has so many benefits (easy on joints, keeps you moving, something we can all do alhamdulillah).

And of course, fasting does wonders for your health, as the Prophet SAAWS did regularly.

I'm sorry this is very basic nutrition/exercise, but I really do think it's that simple. I think the diet companies complicate everything so that the diet industries stay in business (to make us so confused that we will need their help). Of course, if someone is diabetic, or has high cholesterol or has any health problems, they would need much more professional advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post

You are right, sister. We must be careful before trusting everything.

Comment

Jazakallah Khair sis, that was great.

"grains are especially great since they are cheap and do not require any preservatives since they're desiccated which prevents bacterial growth and fungi; they're also high in anti-oxidants"

What do you mean by grains ie Rye, Barley, Oats, Wheat?
                    What do you mean by them being dessicated ie they are usually ground down into flour?
                    Also what about lentils and beans?

You also say not to cut out one type of food group completely (carbs, fat, protein). What I do sometimes is cut out sugar and flour for a few weeks and this works wonders.
                    So a typical meal would be half veg and half protein.
                    That way I still get carbs, protein and fat in the diet but it's super healthy and any excess weight comes off without exercise.
                    Do you see any problem doing this in the long term aside from wanting the odd binge?
                    I did it as an experiment once for 2 months and lost 2 stone.
                    Felt great but stopped as everyone was telling me I was too skinny.

Comment

Microwaves are fine. Most of the accusations are baseless conspiracy theories

Comment

What about covering food in the microwave? Is it necessary?

Comment

Hard to believe.
                          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Theistic View Post
                            ■Consuming microwaved good ‘shorts out’ electrical impulses in the brain, causing permanent brain damage

Can someone confirm if all of the above is True, or based on various Assumptions,

I mean like do we have confirmation from doctors for example?
                            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                              Can someone confirm if all of the above is True, or based on various Assumptions,

I mean like do we have confirmation from doctors for example?
                              If all of this was confirmed brother, microwaves would be banned.

Microwaves wave length are even longer than that of visible light, so I'm not too sure how "harmful" they are to us.

Comment

Working...
                              X