Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who came up with "Gluten is unhealthy?"

I come across this and thought of sharing with everyone here

How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Re: Who came up with "Gluten is unhealthy?"

This is quite well explained, but I think it underplays the extent to which gluten is problematic and often a contributory factor to health problems (and not just for people with celiac disease). Sadly the wheat flour we have today in most of the world is not like the wheat flour/bread that was eaten by our ancestors centuries ago. A certain breed of "dwarf wheat" is grown in most of the world, not because it's healthier, not because it's tastier, but because it's more suited to mass production. It is also doused several times in glyphosate, a nasty chemical that has caused allergic reactions in people and has the potential to literally change your DNA. I've met a woman who had medical tests done as she's suffered from Multiple chemical sensitivity for decades and those tests proved that a component of a weed killer (known as "round up") is in her DNA wreaking havoc with her health. She had to sell her house to pay for the tests and treatment required. It's the glyphosate in round up that is usually responsible for these sorts of problems.

Another woman in France won a court case when she sued a company for poisoning her because they were spraying this nasty substance on fields close to her house which was enough to make her ill (so imagine what those chemicals do to the people who eat those crops day to day) and she won, so this type of damage to the body has been proven in a court of law in France at least. Wheat is sadly not the only crop affected by this problem but it is the main one and tends to be doused in these chemicals more than other foods (switching to organic and growing your own is the best way to avoid this problem).

There's a famous book called wheat belly which made the case for gluten being behind health problems which has led to this movement of so many people avoiding gluten now. My tests show that I do not have celiac disease but I know from experience that my body has an unpleasant reaction to eating anything with gluten (not just dwarf wheat). Look at how many illnesses in the past 20 years are described as "of unknown cause/origin" and "incurable". In many cases, hayfever, allergies and multiple chemical sensitivity may not be life threatening, but it is awful enough to ruin peoples lives, cause them to be unable to work or take care of their families so this is very serious. The seriousness of these risks isn't usually talked about in mainstream media because companies like Monsanto are so powerful (Monsanto controls at least 40% of the world's seeds, as well as controlling stuff like genetic modification and being hugely influential in stuff like the sale of weed killer and also academia so that students studying agriculture are taught from the start to use chemicals and are taught that there's no other viable successful way to grow foods naturally and sustainably even though that's what the world has done since the dawn of time until the 20th century).

Maybe a lot of people will ignore this post cos' they'll feel they're not affected, their health is fine and they grew up on bread/roti/cereals etc, but if you've developed any problems along the lines of IBS, MCS, allergies, hayfever or any gut or "autoimmune" illness, or if you are eating a balanced healthy diet but are still constantly ill/drastically losing weight or find that your body isn't absorbing minerals and vitamins properly (which leads to fatigue, loss of concentration and aches and pains not caused by injury/trauma)... any of these could be indicative that something is going wrong in your body, your Dr will not have a clue what to do about it and will maybe give you a laxative or tell you to eat more fibre but that wont work and when that doesn't work and test results come back normal, you'll be treated like a malingering hypochondriac.... so don't always trust the word of your Drs, as mainstream Drs don't have a clue about these things- listen to what your own body is telling you, your symptoms are your body's way of telling you something isn't right and learn how to address that.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

That's what I call informative Neelu.
      Seriously, do a thread about health.

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
        I come across this and thought of sharing with everyone here

Clearly just looking for excuses to eat gluten smh
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

My sister has coeliacs lol my little bro calls her a glutard
          What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

jazakhallahu khairan, this was really informative
            Literally we have the power to keep learning new things everyday.. even if it's basic to others, or complex to others..
            It's so interesting.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              My sister has coeliacs lol my little bro calls her a glutard
              Poor thing, she has my sympathy. My coeliac test came back negative but I still found that eating gluten was worsening my health so made the decision to give it up so I know it's really hard as it's in all sorts of unexpected places like in packets of crisps and some types of McCain frozen chips. How is she finding it? Has she managed to give it up completely? Has she found suitable alternatives yet? It takes determination as well as a lot of trial and error to find other staple foods. In my case, my main starch staples are: rice, quinoa and potatoes. I have a terrible reaction to corn otherwise I'd also be having things like corn tortillas and polenta.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
              X