Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been takling with Re-OCD?

Assalam o Alaikum
    I had been suffering from OCD from several years.Sorry for i had posted alot on Ummah for this reason.
    From Past year ,i am having medicine of OCD cure,they helped me but not that much.I left them from couple of weeks,becuase of money wasting.
    After lefting,the medicines and anxiety hitted me hard.My symptoms are
    1:-Too much anxiety to the extent that i dont make dua after Salah becuase of going home.All the things i want is immediately.in many things that i can not explain it.
    2:-Lots of fears of impurity touching me and washing it so much.
    3:-I took lots of time in bathroom,and i totally dislike it and after bathroom i want to wash myself anyhow though its too cold.I wash my clothes everyday.
    4:-If i am thinking of leaving OCD and anxiety,they return more.
    5:-Feeling my brain sick,and feeling sick to avoid OCD and anxiety.
    6:-They ruined my lifestyle.I see others more civilized than me.
    7:-All the day thinking of impurity and don't know how to avoid it becuase my brain is so addicted of these things.
    8:-I had pains in my stomachs and other inside things.For this i can't sit properly.
    9::-Anxiety can't let me do Dhikr,Reciting Quran etc.
    10:-All the day i am thinking how will be my next day.
    Please advice.
    P.S:-sorry for my english becuase of this problem,i don't know how to write my problem :)

Re: I have been takling with Re-OCD?

Assalaamu alaikum brother, i think see a psychologist or a doctor. Who prescribed you your medication? I assume its your doctor, so book an appointment to see them as soon as possible. They may advise you to take your medication again, and I'd say listen to them. Ask to be referred to counselling or CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy).

As for the difficulties in doing dhikr, reading Qur'an and other acts of worship you love, please consult Ummah Forum member [MENTION=137534]Abo Mohammad[/MENTION] - he does ruqya. He can can help you find a way to deal with your symptoms Islamically.
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Re: I have been takling with Re-OCD?

Originally posted by Azmeer View Post
      Assalam o Alaikum
      I had been suffering from OCD from several years.Sorry for i had posted alot on Ummah for this reason.
      From Past year ,i am having medicine of OCD cure,they helped me but not that much.I left them from couple of weeks,becuase of money wasting.
      After lefting,the medicines and anxiety hitted me hard.My symptoms are
      1:-Too much anxiety to the extent that i dont make dua after Salah becuase of going home.All the things i want is immediately.in many things that i can not explain it.
      2:-Lots of fears of impurity touching me and washing it so much.
      3:-I took lots of time in bathroom,and i totally dislike it and after bathroom i want to wash myself anyhow though its too cold.I wash my clothes everyday.
      4:-If i am thinking of leaving OCD and anxiety,they return more.
      5:-Feeling my brain sick,and feeling sick to avoid OCD and anxiety.
      6:-They ruined my lifestyle.I see others more civilized than me.
      7:-All the day thinking of impurity and don't know how to avoid it becuase my brain is so addicted of these things.
      8:-I had pains in my stomachs and other inside things.For this i can't sit properly.
      9::-Anxiety can't let me do Dhikr,Reciting Quran etc.
      10:-All the day i am thinking how will be my next day.
      Please advice.
      P.S:-sorry for my english becuase of this problem,i don't know how to write my problem :)
      Thats the withdrawl effects of drugs you left...You need to see your psychiatrist..and as sis said abomohammad ll help as a raqi..but medications are imp for you...to taper the effects atleast.
      ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X