replied
    Re: Wearing the niqab

May Allah give your family hidayah

Leave a comment:

• Yasirah87
    replied

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Just checked out, he is a proud kaafir as claimed on his profile.
    I don't mind if someone is Kufr. I live in America and hey, do you boo boo. But when we all get to Judgment Day, what are you going to tell Allah as you disobeyed him completly and shunned him? I just pray, pray, pray.
    My father is close to being an atheist. He doesn't bring up religion at all, but I don't think he'd be considered kufr. He said he believes there is A god, but doesn't know which is the proper way to serve Him
    He watched me pray once and asked what I was doing. Told him that's how we pray in Islam. Quick question, my youngest sister attends Jummuah and prays with me. She's a Christian, does she get reward or recognized for it? I don't knw if she has intention of being Muslimah, but she said it's very relaxing which is why she does it.

Leave a comment:

• Yasirah87
    replied

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Are you implying he was telling you to wear tight clothes or that he was telling you not to but you were already aware of that?
    That he was telling me to not wear tight clothes. I am aware the ayat say to wear loose clothing. When I first was Muslim, I did wear skinny jeans and no sisters had the intestinal fortitude to tell me I couldn't wear those clothes. One sister gave me an abaya, that was it. It was like a silent, "You're haraam" thing.
    After five years, I don't wear make up anymore. I don't wear flashy glasses, rather ones that would be non attractive so it's not a shown adornment. If I wear contacts, I pull down my second layer and cover my eyes. Too many people tell me I have nice eyes, so I don't want men to look at them.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
    So, you want men checking out YOUR wife?
    Just checked out, he is a proud kaafir as claimed on his profile.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
    That doesn't make much sense to cover yourself and wear tight clothes. I wear only abaya, unless I am lounging at home then I am in sweat pants. I'm not ignorant. I have been Muslim since I was 23, I studied it since I was 20. I am now 29.
    Are you implying he was telling you to wear tight clothes or that he was telling you not to but you were already aware of that?

Leave a comment:

• Yasirah87
    replied

My biggest concern with this post is people only mention Qur'an. Y'all realize there are ahadith, too? Together they make Shari'a Law and there are five levels of it... fard (obligatory sin if you don't), mustahabb (rewarded for doing it, no sin if you don't. THIS IS NIQAB. Mubah (this means there is no clear indication if you can or can't do it, often confused with halal), makruh (rewarded if you don't do it, nothing if you do it), and haraam (sin if you do it, reward if you don't).

I feel like I need to teach a lot of people or there are a lot of ghyr Muslims on this site.

Leave a comment:

• Yasirah87
    replied

Originally posted by AliB View Post
    I have nothing against the hijab, but the niqab... why? Where in the Quran does it say to cover the face? Where?

But of course, if you believe in covering the face, to be taken seriously, you must also cover the hands.
    Ideally, you should also make sure to wrap yourself in at least 3 layers of clothes to hide all those curves!
    So, you want men checking out YOUR wife?

Leave a comment:

• Yasirah87
    replied

What does it say in the Quran about how women ought to cover themselves? Say it...

The niqab is an invention of some particularly strict Saudi scholars.
    It sys in 33:59 specifically to pull the veil over your breasts! So these hijabis walking around with their hijabs above them are in the wrong. Especially if they are also wearing tight clothes, no longer are they hijabi because they don't fulfill the requirements of hijab which include loose clothing.
    24:31 tells women to lower their gaze and it states who can see a woman without her hijab. Maybe if you ACTUALLY read a Qur'an you'd know that.

Leave a comment:

• Yasirah87
    replied

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
    yes and a fidhfaadh clothes (loose not tight on the body i.e too revealing)
    That doesn't make much sense to cover yourself and wear tight clothes. I wear only abaya, unless I am lounging at home then I am in sweat pants. I'm not ignorant. I have been Muslim since I was 23, I studied it since I was 20. I am now 29.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

What does it say in the Quran about how women ought to cover themselves? Say it...

Arent you non muslim? so what gives you the authority to speak on what is and isnt islam?

"The niqab is an invention of some particularly strict Saudi scholars." do you have a bachelor in islamic studies to be making such a statement? or did you study under a sheik for many years learning the sciences of the religion? or are you just some dumb jahil with a keyboard who has forgotten yet again that their is a difference between alib"s worthless opinion and fact,

Female sahaba wore niqab more than a 1000 years before saudi arabia even existed

Muppet

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Originally posted by zantz View Post
    Didn't some of the female sahaba wear niqabs
    He is a jaahil. I remember he rejects ahadeeth though I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• zantz
    replied

Didn't some of the female sahaba wear niqabs

Leave a comment:

• AliB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

I have nothing against the hijab, but the niqab... why? Where in the Quran does it say to cover the face? Where?

But of course, if you believe in covering the face, to be taken seriously, you must also cover the hands.
    Ideally, you should also make sure to wrap yourself in at least 3 layers of clothes to hide all those curves!
    Your very basis is flawed. The question 'Where is it in the Qur'an?' shows that.

I am not saying it's not in the Qur'an, just showing your flawed approach. We have both the Qur'an and Sunnah in our deen.

Leave a comment:

• AliB
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X