X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sick of everyone - rant

Originally posted by AliB View Post
    [MENTION=140263]Sarah5[/MENTION]
    I am a bit perplexed as to why you think I was judging your character. I was simply responding to your post.

To quote you from your first post:

I would call that a rather dark outlook on people.

And here:

Fine, you didn't literally say that her intentions were to abuse you, but it definitely sounds to me like you felt you were being abused.

As for the last little bit where you state that:

Yes, you are a unique, talented, separate soul who serves a special purpose in this world that nobody else but you can serve, but the fact remains that most of the time, you and I are not exerting our free-will to feed the poor people of the world and accomplish other noble deeds, but rather to decide between a cup of black tea or hot chocolate, or wearing a pair of black or grey socks... relatively futile things that concern our little person. If you are humble enough to realize this about yourself (which is difficult because we usually love ourselves way more than we care to realize), then you will not judge others so harshly as in the opening statement of your first post.
    It's literally just a rant I don't feel like arguing with you so whatever sure I'm selfish and self centered and every good that I do is for my sake only. May Allah SWT be the judge of my intentions.
    And for the record, I'm not a special snowflake I was making the point that all humans are different because of our consciousness and our souls but I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

Comment

Interesting points. But one thing that stands out is that you say most if not all people are like this.

I believe what was described was a mentality of people who are just out to get their own. I think it has more to do with bad manners and bad character than it being something natural. There is an element of greed in people naturally of course, but not to the extent you described it I don't think.

I think the issue here is that when a person accepts Islam or turns back to Allah then tries his or her best to apply the teachings of Islam, they get a sort of shock from the general public to see how selfish they are or to see how Shaytan has led them so far away from Allah or to see how their behavior opposes the principles of Islam regarding the dealings with people. Not to mention brotherhood and sisterhood and being selfless and kind are all crucial factors in a person's eeman.

Unfortunately, this is especially true in certain Muslim countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
        It's literally just a rant I don't feel like arguing with you so whatever sure I'm selfish and self centered and every good that I do is for my sake only. May Allah SWT be the judge of my intentions.
        And for the record, I'm not a special snowflake I was making the point that all humans are different because of our consciousness and our souls but I guess I didn't make that clear enough.
        He's not a Muslim btw.

From reading his posts in the past, he's not someone whose opinion is worth taking seriously anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post
          He's not a Muslim btw.

From reading his posts in the past, he's not someone whose opinion is worth taking seriously anyway.
          That makes a lot of sense actually. He's spewing his none-sense and it's irritating that he thinks he knows everyone as if he's perfected studying human nature. You know even in psychology, they had experiments to see if subjects were raised under a particular environment, whether or not they would get influenced heavily by it. There was a positive correlation but there were many cases where subjects chose to follow their own will (these studies were under the behavioral studies where the theory suggests we are all a product of our environment and clearly it's faulty).

This also explains his apathetic, pretentious and prick-like arrogance.

Comment

Lol
            That's the spirit.
            Keep practicing
            No no no no.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
              That makes a lot of sense actually. He's spewing his none-sense and it's irritating that he thinks he knows everyone as if he's perfected studying human nature. You know even in psychology, they had experiments to see if subjects were raised under a particular environment, whether or not they would get influenced heavily by it. There was a positive correlation but there were many cases where subjects chose to follow their own will (these studies were under the behavioral studies where the theory suggests we are all a product of our environment and clearly it's faulty).

This also explains his apathetic, pretentious and prick-like arrogance.
              Let him talk garbage.

I know of people in real life who are exactly as you describe sister. Believe me you are not living in a false reality.

What you definitely need do is find some time away from them because it does seem like they're having an affect on you. Find some type of activity to de-stress etc. Read Qur'an to put yourself at ease. Exercise. Some other hobby. Even chat away with some sisters here in PM because many of them are good people.

Comment

I am also sick of this life. If I could have my sins forgiven I would rather be dead than to continue living in this dump. I fail to see the value in life and why people value it so much. Even if you did have everything you ever wanted how could that make you happy knowing others do not have what you have.

And it's a trap. You can't win either way. There is no good in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                  I am also sick of this life. If I could have my sins forgiven I would rather be dead than to continue living in this dump. I fail to see the value in life and why people value it so much. Even if you did have everything you ever wanted how could that make you happy knowing others do not have what you have.

What's the matter bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post
                    Let him talk garbage.

I know of people in real life who are exactly as you describe sister. Believe me you are not living in a false reality.

What you definitely need do is find some time away from them because it does seem like they're having an affect on you. Find some type of activity to de-stress etc. Read Qur'an to put yourself at ease. Exercise. Some other hobby. Even chat away with some sisters here in PM because many of them are good people.
                    :jkk: brother, I'm much much better now alhamdulillah. It's just the accumulation of events and circumstances but alhamdulillah for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

In a sense, it's a blessing to think like this because I can't tell you how many people fear death and keep doing everything they could to turn back time. It's like they're holding on to this world by all that they can. However, you while you're living, take the opportunity to get as much hasanat as possible and to learn more about religion. The best thing in life is when you connect with Allah SWT and feel he is with you and to cry from humility and acceptance of the fate of the end.

There's a fine line between depression and hating this world. Don't be depressed because that would really make your heart cold and make your prayers numb and eyes dry. No you want to hate this world for the love of meeting Allah SWT. You don't want to get depressed and fully numb to the extent of not caring, because then that's what shaytan wants.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X