Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of everyone - rant

:salams

Everyday I have to drag myself to go to classes, I'm sick of the instructors, the students, the atmosphere, just everyone. Everyone is two-faced, everyone is out to use you and seldom are people's intentions pure (if not for selfish reasons). You do good, people mock you (call you stupid if you are nice) and if you do bad (unsuccessful) they become happy (the term is byeshmato I don't know what it translates to) and still they speak about your failure. I swear the other day, I helped this girl study and all of the sudden she invited herself to my house as if I ever invited her or as if we were really close so she can study more (I have a lot of responsibilities, and studying with her took hours and even then, it's so rude to just invite herself as if I ever mentioned she could come over, we're nothing more than acquaintances if that).

There are so many cases where if you show people the slightest bit of compassion or offer any help, they will wring you out for all that they can benefit from you being completely apathetic to your circumstances. And it's as if they feel entitled to that help, and they get really offended if you can't help any further (not the majority feel offended though).

It's probably the weather since last year this time I was also feeling like this.

Sorry, I don't mean to put anyone in a bad mood, I just needed a place to rant.

Re: Sick of everyone - rant

:wswrwb:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
      :salams

Everyday I have to drag myself to go to classes, I'm sick of the instructors, the students, the atmosphere, just everyone. Everyone is two-faced, everyone is out to use you and seldom are people's intentions pure (if not for selfish reasons). You do good, people mock you (call you stupid if you are nice) and if you do bad (unsuccessful) they become happy (the term is byeshmato I don't know what it translates to) and still they speak about your failure. I swear the other day, I helped this girl study and all of the sudden she invited herself to my house as if I ever invited her or as if we were really close so she can study more (I have a lot of responsibilities, and studying with her took hours and even then, it's so rude to just invite herself as if I ever mentioned she could come over, we're nothing more than acquaintances if that).

There are so many cases where if you show people the slightest bit of compassion or offer any help, they will wring you out for all that they can benefit from you being completely apathetic to your circumstances. And it's as if they feel entitled to that help, and they get really offended if you can't help any further (not the majority feel offended though).

It's probably the weather since last year this time I was also feeling like this.

Sorry, I don't mean to put anyone in a bad mood, I just needed a place to rant.

Would you like some free advice?

Comment

People can only use you if you allow them to. You could have told the girl that you were too busy and couldn't help. If you don't say anything there's a chance they don't know it's a problem for you.

You might have seasonal depression (I think that's what it's called).
        Last edited by ms.muslimah; 11-12-16, 10:01 PM.
        Narrated Anas:
        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Please feel free, and that goes for anyone reading this post. It's getting to the point where I dread getting out of my house (again, usually this time around this happens probably because sunset is so early now).

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

U mean instead of black is amaze - real amaze balls

Don't act like ur advice is some precious thing - either say it and help or don't. I don't get u. Does it feel good when everyone's like yes zizou plz tell me plz plz tell me
            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post

People can only use you if you allow them to. You could have told the girl that you were too busy and couldn't help. If you don't say anything there's a chance they don't know it's a problem for you.
              That's the problem sister, I make it clear that I'm unavailable for the amount of help they want but I offer something that I am comfortable with and something I feel can benefit them some of them feel so entitled and they get either offended, or rude, or they keep persisting (which makes me very uncomfortable) and although at the time I shake it off, it accumulates. Really they put you in a corner when they keep asking or they make you feel like a bad person. I can't explain it.

Comment

Please feel free, and that goes for anyone reading this post. It's getting to the point where I dread getting out of my house (again, usually this time around this happens probably because sunset is so early now).
                If you feel you are in a position to help others and want to then do so. If you feel it's not the right time then don't. Whatever happens will wash away eventually whichever way you go. You need to understand that you are stronger than others that's all that is playing out here.

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                U mean instead of black is amaze - real amaze balls

Don't act like ur advice is some precious thing - either say it and help or don't. I don't get u. Does it feel good when everyone's like yes zizou plz tell me plz plz tell me
                It means a lot that you read my posts. Respect to you.

I'm just a poor kid from a poor family. Don't hurt my feeling(s).

Comment

That's the problem sister, I make it clear that I'm unavailable for the amount of help they want but I offer something that I am comfortable with and something I feel can benefit them some of them feel so entitled and they get either offended, or rude, or they keep persisting (which makes me very uncomfortable) and although at the time I shake it off, it accumulates. Really they put you in a corner when they keep asking or they make you feel like a bad person. I can't explain it.
                  I think I understand what you're saying. They're self centered and only concerned with what they need/want regardless of whether it exhausts you. Then they make you feel guilty for not prioritizing them above you like they prioritize theirself above you. That's horrible tbh.

You shouldn't feel bad. If you can't help them you just can't help them. And if they're rude they're definitely not worth your time.
                  Narrated Anas:
                  The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

I think you should be a bit more assertive to those kinds of people and make it clear to them that you really aren't unavailable for help, or make up excuses (yes, lying is sort of haram, I know). They should get the 'hint' eventually and leave you alone.

As for the people mocking you, dont listen or entertain their thoughts of you. You're above them. They say these things because they are lacking in something that you possess. It's their loss, not yours. Should help.

And if it's seasonal depression you're suffering from, try exercising and/or keeping a journal to write out your thoughts, feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by aabdall_25 View Post
                      I think you should be a bit more assertive to those kinds of people and make it clear to them that you really aren't unavailable for help, or make up excuses (yes, lying is sort of haram, I know). They should get the 'hint' eventually and leave you alone.

As for the people mocking you, dont listen or entertain their thoughts of you. You're above them. They say these things because they are lacking in something that you possess. It's their loss, not yours. Should help.

And if it's seasonal depression you're suffering from, try exercising and/or keeping a journal to write out your thoughts, feelings.
                      :jkk: the problem is that it always starts out by explaining a small bit to them that they don't understand, after that, it's like an open invitation. In sha' Allah I will have to be more rude and unapologetic, when I tell them I can't offer that extensive amount of time, I do it in an apologetic way but because of their behavior, I will have to be rude now.

Comment

:jkk: the problem is that it always starts out by explaining a small bit to them that they don't understand, after that, it's like an open invitation. In sha' Allah I will have to be more rude and unapologetic, when I tell them I can't offer that extensive amount of time, I do it in an apologetic way but because of their behavior, I will have to be rude now.
                        Don't worry, just be firm in your resolve, so they know that they can't change your mind. And don't feel guilty for declining.

Comment

It sounds like sister is just too nice, and like Br Aabdall says, a little more firmnes (without rudeness) will get the point across. Respectfully, insistently declining, mentioning why and offering sincere apologies... If it offends them, then there's not really much one can do.
                          No reason to feel guilty.
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                          -------------------------------
                          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                            It sounds like sister is just too nice, and like Br Aabdall says, a little more firmnes (without rudeness) will get the point across. Respectfully, insistently declining, mentioning why and offering sincere apologies... If it offends them, then there's not really much one can do.
                            No reason to feel guilty.
                            Perhaps when I declined them I lacked firmness (I was too apologetic), but trust me when I say that these people don't know what rudeness is, it's a part of their daily language. Once this girl wanted to borrow my notes literally opened my notebook and said "Yeeeee you have such ugly handwriting" I was so shocked that I gave her the dirtiest look ever (due to my shock factor and due to such rudeness). I don't know if she was acting up (she likes attention) but I've never experienced someone so rude at that point. If you show an ounce of remorse (apologies) they will try to turn that's apology into a "yes meet me at...". I don't know how to explain it. The people here don't find things rude that I find rude perhaps I was raised different or perhaps I'm too sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by aabdall_25 View Post
                              Don't worry, just be firm in your resolve, so they know that they can't change your mind. And don't feel guilty for declining.
                              :jkk:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X