Is this shirk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this shirk?

I have a toy dog from when I was 3 years old which I still have with me (I'm 17)......I named him 'Wrinkle' and when I was a kid he was my best friend.......starting in the 11th grade, I started using him for stress and anxiety relief, and to ease my lonliness due to my autism, lack of a driver's license, and social phobia......I would talk to him, ask him for advice, and I would talk to myself through him......pretending I was talking to a talking dog.....i would also hug him and use him as a pillow, and when I was going through extreme hardship, I would hug him in my bed, and say, "wrinkle......help me......" and "you and Allah are my only helpers" and i would tell myself through him, "it's going to be okay, buddy....just relax....." is this shirk?

Re: Is this shirk?

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    I have a toy dog from when I was 3 years old which I still have with me (I'm 17)......I named him 'Wrinkle' and when I was a kid he was my best friend.......starting in the 11th grade, I started using him for stress and anxiety relief, and to ease my lonliness due to my autism, lack of a driver's license, and social phobia......I would talk to him, ask him for advice, and I would talk to myself through him......pretending I was talking to a talking dog.....i would also hug him and use him as a pillow, and when I was going through extreme hardship, I would hug him in my bed, and say, "wrinkle......help me......" and "you and Allah are my only helpers" and i would tell myself through him, "it's going to be okay, buddy....just relax....." is this shirk?
    If you can consciously control your thoughts/words, then try to remember Allah alone.

Comment

Avoid this. That toy is not a helper alongside Allah. Make tawbah too, this sounded quite wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post
        Avoid this. That toy is not a helper alongside Allah. Make tawbah too, this sounded quite wrong.
        You do know that striving for jannah is a troll?

Comment

Originally posted by user1216 View Post
          I do know that you are wrong.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by user1216 View Post
            He isn't actually a troll.

Comment

Working...
            X