Is this sci-fi movie haram?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this sci-fi movie haram?

In the Planet of the Apes trilogies (the old one and the new one), apes become more advanced and take over the world.....in the new trilogy, it is through a drug which humans invent to cure disease which ends up making apes more advanced through experimentation, leading to an uprising....here is the trailer of the latest and final installment...
    Last edited by Pippin1376; 10-12-16, 11:29 PM. Reason: link removed

Re: Is this sci-fi movie haram?

I'm not too sure, maybe best to avoid?
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Eh yes. Why would it not be?

Does it lack what typically makes movies haram?

Music
      Women
      Bad language
      Haram acts such as drinking alcohol

etc?
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
        Eh yes. Why would it not be?

Does it lack what typically makes movies haram?

Music
        Women
        Bad language
        Haram acts such as drinking alcohol

etc?
        it doesn't promote zina, the music is only in the background, and there is no alcohol.....i guess you could say there is bad language, though, but even that im not sure of.....

Comment

:salams

All movies are impermissible. They will show unclothed women.

What does the music being in the background have anything to do with it not being haram? If someone was mocking the Prophet :saw: in a background conversation in the movie would that make it ok?

The background score still requires musical instruments, so it would be impermissible anyway.
          [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
            it doesn't promote zina, the music is only in the background, and there is no alcohol.....i guess you could say there is bad language, though, but even that im not sure of.....
            You haven't watched it so how do you know it doesn't promote zina or have alcohol? Also I said 'women'. Even if it has hijabi women with proper abaya it is still haraam. Only with a niqab is it possible that it may be halaal.

Second music is in the background, what do you mean? It's still music. It's not allowed.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

#ChimpanzeeLivesMatter

Comment

Originally posted by 'noname View Post
                #ChimpanzeeLivesMatter
                lol :)

Comment

Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
                  :salams

All movies are impermissible. They will show unclothed women.

What does the music being in the background have anything to do with it not being haram? If someone was mocking the Prophet :saw: in a background conversation in the movie would that make it ok?

The background score still requires musical instruments, so it would be impermissible anyway.
                  No they arent. they showing Kafir women and hijab isnt fard on them

on top of that they are not reality but 2D film

U could never ban TV or MOVIES - best to work to produce ISLAMIC ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X