Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feels so fatigued after dieting? Any advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: feels so fatigued after dieting? Any advice?

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    [MENTION=100194]Ya'sin[/MENTION] thanks for telling me about natvia. Do they sell it in local shops?
    I will have to check that, I think my sis got it from sainsbury's

There are other natural sugars available like agave nectar that you can find in supermarkets as well as date syrups, fruit syrups which are better than the rest of them. This way you will slowly reduce the consumption of sugar and fake sweeteners instead of going cold turkey and then giving into the junk again.

I enjoyed having them but the date syrup didn't work with tea lol it breaks the milk particles
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
      More than anything, I think this is your problem. Even if you cut out refined sugar, your body wouldn't crash this hard if you're eating fresh fruit and veggies with have sugars in them. If you're not eating enough, then your body will get tired because you're not providing enough fuel for it to keep going.

Can you mention what you eat on an average day? That might provide some more insight on why your body is crashing so much.
      average day : bread with butter and jam (or sugar free jam), or cornflakes.

lunch : some more bread like the above

dinner: macaroni and vegetables with oven cooked meat

after that sleep

some drinks like water, juice and diet coke.
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

average day : bread with butter and jam (or sugar free jam), or cornflakes.

lunch : some more bread like the above

dinner: macaroni and vegetables with oven cooked meat

after that sleep

some drinks like water, juice and diet coke.
        If you are trying to cut refined sugars completely, for the sake of this diet, then cut out bread too. It's delicious, but to make proper bread you need to add sugar. Same with cornflakes and cereals in general. Sugar is used to preserve it, so it has a lot.

For breakfast, try making some oatmeal and add some fresh (or frozen) blueberries or apples or bananas in it. This will give you energy, fill you up, and have some sweetness due to the fruit. For extra sweetness, a drizzle of maple syrup or honey would be delicious. Add some flax to it also.

If you really want bread, which is fine, make sure you get 12 grain whole wheat or ones with lots of grains in it. No white stuff. Then grab an avocado and spread it on the toast and add an egg. It's religious and avocado has a lot of healthy fats so it's great.

As a snack, get some Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Add some nuts to it and/or granola.

For lunch, go for lean meat and veggies instead of just bread. You need the protein to help you keep going. Some couscous or veggie pasta would be great too.

As a snack, get some fresh veggies and fruit.

Your dinner is fine.

Stop drinking diet coke. Water is great, especially if you flavour it will mint, ginger, lime, lemon, etc... as for juice, you need to be careful since they have a lot of sugars too. Juicing takes out the fiber, so try making a smoothy. Fruit, avocado, spinach and carrots with a dash of ginger is delicious.

All of this will keep you awake and give you more energy while you're on this diet, because it's not the lack of sugar but the lack of good food.

Hope this helps.
        مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
        It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
        Surah al-Baqarah
        [2:245]

.:.
        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
        ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

So I'm currently dieting and I've cut out the strong sugary stuff, like sugary energy drinks, snacks, soda and cakes. I also don't eat too much and have whole grain bread pretty much mostly.

Alhamdulilah, I've made progress on that and have lost 4 kilos so far. But I feel so drained. At the end of the day I can't do anything and find it hard to do the Isha prayer.

What could it be that is causing my tiredness? I feel so tired subhanAllah, thank Allah though for everything.
          then clearly your not eating enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            If you are trying to cut refined sugars completely, for the sake of this diet, then cut out bread too. It's delicious, but to make proper bread you need to add sugar. Same with cornflakes and cereals in general. Sugar is used to preserve it, so it has a lot.

For breakfast, try making some oatmeal and add some fresh (or frozen) blueberries or apples or bananas in it. This will give you energy, fill you up, and have some sweetness due to the fruit. For extra sweetness, a drizzle of maple syrup or honey would be delicious. Add some flax to it also.

If you really want bread, which is fine, make sure you get 12 grain whole wheat or ones with lots of grains in it. No white stuff. Then grab an avocado and spread it on the toast and add an egg. It's religious and avocado has a lot of healthy fats so it's great.

As a snack, get some Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Add some nuts to it and/or granola.

For lunch, go for lean meat and veggies instead of just bread. You need the protein to help you keep going. Some couscous or veggie pasta would be great too.

As a snack, get some fresh veggies and fruit.

Your dinner is fine.

Stop drinking diet coke. Water is great, especially if you flavour it will mint, ginger, lime, lemon, etc... as for juice, you need to be careful since they have a lot of sugars too. Juicing takes out the fiber, so try making a smoothy. Fruit, avocado, spinach and carrots with a dash of ginger is delicious.

All of this will keep you awake and give you more energy while you're on this diet, because it's not the lack of sugar but the lack of good food.

Hope this helps.
            hey I mostly eat wholemeal bread, with low fat butter and diabetic (sugar free) jam.
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Just make sure you're not losing more than 1-2 pounds a week as that is not sustainable long term.
              Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Working...
              X