Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feels so fatigued after dieting? Any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feels so fatigued after dieting? Any advice?

So I'm currently dieting and I've cut out the strong sugary stuff, like sugary energy drinks, snacks, soda and cakes. I also don't eat too much and have whole grain bread pretty much mostly.

Alhamdulilah, I've made progress on that and have lost 4 kilos so far. But I feel so drained. At the end of the day I can't do anything and find it hard to do the Isha prayer.

What could it be that is causing my tiredness? I feel so tired subhanAllah, thank Allah though for everything.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: feels so fatigued after dieting? Any advice?

Good for you sis :-)

Maybe your body has to get used to the changes, so give it time and bi'dhnillah you will feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      So I'm currently dieting and I've cut out the strong sugary stuff, like sugary energy drinks, snacks, soda and cakes. I also don't eat too much and have whole grain bread pretty much mostly.

Alhamdulilah, I've made progress on that and have lost 4 kilos so far. But I feel so drained. At the end of the day I can't do anything and find it hard to do the Isha prayer.

What could it be that is causing my tiredness? I feel so tired subhanAllah, thank Allah though for everything.
      Your having sugar withdrawal symptoms and it will take time for your body to get used to less sugar in'shaa'ALLAH. Just continue to be persistent in your diet and do not give up on your diet at all and you will succeed in'shaa'ALLAH. Also the sugar withdrawal symptoms will go away forgood as your body readjusts itself to less sugar in'shaa'ALLAH. Remember in the future to always eat and drink in moderation and not to excess in'shaa'ALLAH. Here are some articles about sugar withdrawal symptoms
      http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/refi...toms-9911.html
      http://www.wisegeek.org/what-are-sym...withdrawal.htm

:salams
      Last edited by ABDEL-AZEEM; 09-12-16, 11:09 PM.
      ALLAH AL-AZEEM is the one and only GOD and ALLAH AL-AZEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-AZEEM created the Earth and created everything in the Earth and created all of the heavens and created everything in all of the heavens and created all of the hells and created everything in all of the hells and created all of the universes and created everything in all of the universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Are you getting all your nutrients? Maybe it's low iron or something else making you feel tired....eat more fruit and veg to give you energy...it will make you feel good.....exercise too...
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Do you feel that you are starving your body or just cutting out junk food?

Comment

give it a week or two, you body is very sugar dependent atm. It will subside
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Are you having enough water and sleep too? And foods that the body needs.. I.e don't cut out entire food groups, just eat them in the correct proportion/balance.
              I never understand when diets include exclude entire food groups.. This is equally unhealthy.
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
              [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                Are you having enough water and sleep too? And foods that the body needs.. I.e don't cut out entire food groups, just eat them in the correct proportion/balance.
                I never understand when diets include exclude entire food groups.. This is equally unhealthy.
                true I have less sleep nowadays and not enough water, I will try to change that in sha Allah.
                وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

is tap water ok to drink?

Comment

Tap water generally in the UK is fine.

Limit wheat based products. Stick to natural foods.

Oats, veg, fruit and fish.
                    :salams
                    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Its gojng to go away after 2 weeks sis, its normal when dieting
                      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Your body sounds like it is going cold-turkey from all the sugars and carbs, it's not a good idea to feed an addiction, instead fight through it and let your body restore it's balance naturally.
                        FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

asc sister long time no see!!

well im currently going on a diet myself actually a cleanse. more specifik parasite cleanse. im just waiting for my herbs that i ordered

anyways what could have caused your tiredness is detox-symtoms. Have you tried a colon cleanse. You should try to cleans your intestine. It would help you greatly!

Comment

Originally posted by naom View Post
                            asc sister long time no see!!

well im currently going on a diet myself actually a cleanse. more specifik parasite cleanse. im just waiting for my herbs that i ordered

anyways what could have caused your tiredness is detox-symtoms. Have you tried a colon cleanse. You should try to cleans your intestine. It would help you greatly!
                            ooh salaam sis how r u? xx

How do I get a colon cleanse, that sounds really good alhamdulilah

Comment

SubhanAllah, I had a caramel shortbread with a hot drink (the drink had sweeteners - so not sugar) and I feel so elated by the sugar rush. Not good, sugar can be addictive like drugs. They give you a high and then you feel miserable when stop having it.

[MENTION=3748]ABDEL-AZEEZ[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                              X