Balance when dealing with non-Muslims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance when dealing with non-Muslims

'Aishah narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to a man who followed him on the day of Badr: "Go back; for I will never seek assistance from a Mushrik (polytheist)."

We have other such examples of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) being harsh with the disbelievers or even being seemingly harsh with the Muslims. He would use his wisdom and judgement and behave in a manner that was most appropriate for the situation and that would result in the most benefit for himself and the Muslims.

We see too much extremism now and people seeking to follow their desires. So they will take one verse or one narration (while ignoring all the rest) and say Islam is peace and Islam is leniency and Islam is being nice (all the time). Others we have being too harsh all the time and when the situation doesn't even call for it.

Thus, we should be balanced and be straightforward and direct with our words when the situation calls for it. In no way should we be physically attacked or mocked or be threatened by the kuffar while going about our business. We should take a stand and act accordingly. But if we believe being lenient and forgiving is better for that particular situation, then fine.

Re: Balance when dealing with non-Muslims

Interesting. What is the source for that narration?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      Interesting. What is the source for that narration?
      I forgot to put it down. It was narrated by Muslim (1817).

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
        'Aishah narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to a man who followed him on the day of Badr: "Go back; for I will never seek assistance from a Mushrik (polytheist)."

We have other such examples of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) being harsh with the disbelievers or even being seemingly harsh with the Muslims. He would use his wisdom and judgement and behave in a manner that was most appropriate for the situation and that would result in the most benefit for himself and the Muslims.

We see too much extremism now and people seeking to follow their desires. So they will take one verse or one narration (while ignoring all the rest) and say Islam is peace and Islam is leniency and Islam is being nice (all the time). Others we have being too harsh all the time and when the situation doesn't even call for it.

Thus, we should be balanced and be straightforward and direct with our words when the situation calls for it. In no way should we be physically attacked or mocked or be threatened by the kuffar while going about our business. We should take a stand and act accordingly. But if we believe being lenient and forgiving is better for that particular situation, then fine.
        :salams

What if those disbelievers are family?

Comment

I am convert Muslim and people usually laugh at me and insult me because of my beard and my thobe.

When I was a non Muslim I could never understand why Muslims hate those who disbelieve, but now I see. Most of non Muslims hate Islam and Muslims and they are fighting against Islam, or they support their countries bombing and killing Muslims.
          Last edited by islamiyyaaa; 04-12-16, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post

Good question

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post

Well, my main point was that many Muslims use the Prophet's (sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam) leniency and forbearance with the disbelievers in the beginning of his mission and say we should always do the same. That is not true because he used his wisdom and instinct and knowledge and acted in the most correct way according to the situation.

We shouldn't weaken in the sight of the non-Muslims and allow them to threaten us or violate our female family members.

As for family, parents have the right for us to be dutiful towards them even if they are disbelievers and we should call them to Islam and set a good example. If they are harming you, you should get away from them but still keep ties with them by other means.

Comment

Originally posted by islamiyyaaa View Post
                I am convert Muslim and people usually laugh at me and insult me because of my beard and my thobe.

When I was a non Muslim I could never understand why Muslims hate those who disbelieve, but now I see. Most of non Muslims hate Islam and Muslims and they are fighting against Islam, or they support their countries bombing and killing Muslims.
                Not sure where you live, but no one ever insulted me or mocked at me (although I have gotten this treatment in a certain Arab country ironically). I guess it varies from country to country; or if in the US, from state to state... but the state I live in don't have many Muslims. But I would get good comments not bad ones (I am not there currently).

Alhamdulillah that Allah guided you to Islam. It's upon all of us, born Muslims or not, to safeguard our religion and move if we have to.

Bro, loving and hating for Allah is part of the religion. But hate is a feeling that stays mostly in the heart. We should hate their kufr and shirk and their opposing Allah and their lack of modestly, etc. As for hating every non-Muslim and showing our hate to them and turning them away, I don't think that is advised at all. Similar to what these racist people do.. i.e. spew their hate and use bad language or even attack us.

We have a code of conduct we must follow and our main goal should be to guide them to Islam.
                Last edited by Abu Abdur_Rahman; 04-12-16, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Not sure where you live, but no one ever insulted me or mocked at me (although I have gotten this treatment in a certain Arab country ironically)
                  These are not Muslims, even if they were they have disbelieved because of their mocking.

“If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) that you were mocking?

Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimoon (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.)”

[at-Tawbah 9:65-66].
                  Last edited by islamiyyaaa; 04-12-16, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Not sure where you live, but no one ever insulted me or mocked at me
                    I guess it varies from country to country; or if in the US, from state to state... but the state I live in don't have many Muslims. But I would get good comments not bad ones (I am not there currently).
                    I live in Europe and yes people mock, insult and laugh at me all the time because of my beard and my thobe
                    I was even told to go back where I came from

I dont know why its not the same with you. Did you grow your beard? Do you wear a thobe?

Comment

These are not Muslims, even if they were they have disbelieved because of their mocking.

“If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) that you were mocking?

Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimoon (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.)”

[at-Tawbah 9:65-66].
                      I agree, it's an act of kufr. But I wouldn't call them disbelievers.
                      Last edited by Abu Abdur_Rahman; 04-12-16, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I live in Europe and yes people mock, insult and laugh at me all the time because of my beard and my thobe
                        I was even told to go back where I came from

I dont know why its not the same with you. Did you grow your beard? Do you wear a thobe?
                        I don't wear a thobe outside and I believe it's better not to wear one. It causes unnecessary attention. It's an Arab garment so we should stick to the culture of the place we live (as long as the clothes aren't haram).

I believe most scholars say the thobe, etc. is not a Sunnah but part of the Arab tradition. I would wear it to the masjid though.

So try to read up on the issue and just wear regular clothes so you don't cause unnecessary attention to yourself.

https://islamqa.info/en/151146

Comment

I don't wear a thobe outside and I believe it's better not to wear one. It causes unnecessary attention. It's an Arab garment so we should stick to the culture of the place we live (as long as the clothes aren't haram).

I believe most scholars say the thobe, etc. is not a Sunnah but part of the Arab tradition. I would wear it to the masjid though.

So try to read up on the issue and just wear regular clothes so you don't cause unnecessary attention to yourself.

https://islamqa.info/en/151146
                          I know, but I like it very much thats why I choose to wear and I know many convert Muslims who do the same :inlove:

Comment

I know, but I like it very much thats why I choose to wear and I know many convert Muslims who do the same :inlove:
                            I see. Interesting.

Comment

:inlove:
                              Interesting.
                              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Working...
                              X