X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tide2006
    replied
    Re: alhamdulillah i have made 83000 gold trees of jannah insha allah

No arguing is needed. He probably went the wrong route in trying to encourage others. Instead of saying "I did this". he could have said, "a good way to earn this reward is to do ...this".

But I will just leave these here (I have not watched any of them but I am sure they are good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4N-1lJ-6HA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b9TkO6T6vM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjn7M_woIjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUM3l7IpeDc

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
    Firstly, according to the brother's own admission, he did not post this to brag, but rather to encourage others. So if you need to judge, then judge by what is apparent, rather than some negative assumptions about another Muslim.

Secondly, there is no need to judge in this case and you have no authority to judge in this case. This is not a criminal case, nor does it affect anyone else, nor does it bring into doubt the Iman and Islam of the brother. And there is no punishment prescribed in the Shariah for this. Besides, you are not a judge or ruler that you should be passing judgements. This is an act of worship between the brother and his Lord, and Allah alone will judge the acceptance or nullification of this deed with full knowledge of the brother's intention. Who are you to take the place of Allah in making a judgement on this matter?

Thirdly, you are being harsh upon a Muslim with no just cause. A simple 'that's good, but be careful about nullifying your deeds due to showing off', would have sufficed. I advise you to fear Allah and give up your arrogance. Apologize to the brother and try to make excuses for your brothers in the future.
    Actions speak louder than words,

Like I said before, we judge by the apparent,

Abdullah ibn Utbah reported: I heard Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, say, “Verily, in the time of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, the people would be judged by revelation, but the revelation has ended. Now we judge you according to your outward deeds. Whoever shows us good, we will trust him and favor him and it is not for us to judge his inner secrets, for Allah will hold him accountable for those. Whoever shows us evil, then we will not trust him or believe in him even if he claims his intention is good.

(Sahih Al-Bukhari 2498)

Leave a comment:

• abdulsidd
    replied

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Bragging about deeds and showing off nullifies our good deeds.

Next time read before trying to act the hero.

Secondly we judge by the apparent,

Evil deeds cannot be Justified with "Good" intentions,
    Firstly, according to the brother's own admission, he did not post this to brag, but rather to encourage others. So if you need to judge, then judge by what is apparent, rather than some negative assumptions about another Muslim.

Secondly, there is no need to judge in this case and you have no authority to judge in this case. This is not a criminal case, nor does it affect anyone else, nor does it bring into doubt the Iman and Islam of the brother. And there is no punishment prescribed in the Shariah for this. Besides, you are not a judge or ruler that you should be passing judgements. This is an act of worship between the brother and his Lord, and Allah alone will judge the acceptance or nullification of this deed with full knowledge of the brother's intention. Who are you to take the place of Allah in making a judgement on this matter?

Thirdly, you are being harsh upon a Muslim with no just cause. A simple 'that's good, but be careful about nullifying your deeds due to showing off', would have sufficed. I advise you to fear Allah and give up your arrogance. Apologize to the brother and try to make excuses for your brothers in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
    The arrogance seems to be on your part. How do you know that he has nullified his deeds? Who are you to judge in this matter? Allah knows his intention and there is nothing wrong with publicizing some of your good deeds as encouragement for others. Just because a person publicly announces that he has done something, does not automatically mean that he is showing off.

There are many instances of the salaf saying that they do such and such zikr so many times or some other deed as a learning moment and encouragement for others.
    Bragging about deeds and showing off nullifies our good deeds.

Next time read before trying to act the hero.

Secondly we judge by the apparent,

Evil deeds cannot be Justified with "Good" intentions,

Leave a comment:

• abdulsidd
    replied

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    You've nullified your deeds, and have been shown the error you made, yet you won't accept your blunder even when a hadith is shown to you correcting you,

This oride/arrogance that you have has only one destination,

I advise you to Fear Allah عز و جل and learn from your mistakes, and give up showing off,
    The arrogance seems to be on your part. How do you know that he has nullified his deeds? Who are you to judge in this matter? Allah knows his intention and there is nothing wrong with publicizing some of your good deeds as encouragement for others. Just because a person publicly announces that he has done something, does not automatically mean that he is showing off.

There are many instances of the salaf saying that they do such and such zikr so many times or some other deed as a learning moment and encouragement for others.
    Last edited by abdulsidd; 10-12-16, 11:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chowmein
    replied

All you have to say is subahanallah alhamdullilah lailahaillah allah and allahu akbar

Leave a comment:

• chowmein
    replied

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    You don't know whether your deeds were even accepted, son. So a little quick to be bragging about that.

You should always have a balance of fear and hope. You seem to on the extreme end of certainty here. You need more sincerity.

On a second note, son, I am interested in knowing which narrations talk about the reward of a gold tree.
    Bro im currently cannot give you references but there are some hadith that mention trees being 100-500 year in size and gold as well.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by chowmein View Post
    Bro just ignore me. Let those who want to know how i earned these rewards from Allah ask me. Or just everyone else ignore me. :jkk:
    You've nullified your deeds, and have been shown the error you made, yet you won't accept your blunder even when a hadith is shown to you correcting you,

This oride/arrogance that you have has only one destination,

I advise you to Fear Allah عز و جل and learn from your mistakes, and give up showing off,

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

You don't know whether your deeds were even accepted, son. So a little quick to be bragging about that.

You should always have a balance of fear and hope. You seem to on the extreme end of certainty here. You need more sincerity.

On a second note, son, I am interested in knowing which narrations talk about the reward of a gold tree.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Foxxy
    replied

Every one pursues his goal. Compete with each other in performing good deeds. Wherever you are, God will bring you all together. God has power over all things. Quran 2:148
    Competing is fine, encouraged even. The sahabah did the same but they never bragged about it, your intention may be good but the way you putting it out here draws a different picture.

Show us the way of earning these good deeds, then we can all try and compete (reclusively)

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied

Way too many harsh comments. This is not showing off, showing off would be to tell people before you did the deed, she has already made her intention and done so. When I saw this title I thought the sister was trying to encourage us. Lets remember that Islam teaches us not to be suspicious and say good or nothing at all.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Foxxy
    replied

Avoiding jealousy means not begrudging people of their possessions, wealth, positions and prosperity. Whereas it is permissible to envy people (to desire to be like them) in religious matters, it is impermissible to be jealous of people in worldly matters. It is because jealousy causes the jealous person to backbite and try to destroy the one whom he is jealous of; thus, it causes him to be unfair and cruel. Backbiting, cruelty and unfairness cause one’s thawabs to go away. All of these result in the increase of boons and thawabs of the envied person and in the increase of damages and despair of the envious one. The situation of such people is expressed in the Quranic verse as follows: “they lose both this world and the Hereafter.”

Good deeds should be done with intention - not for attention
    . There are plenty ways of inviting others to do good and earn a full share of their reward.
    Keep your good deeds between you and Allah, people aren't going to provide you with Jannah, only HE can.

Leave a comment:

• chowmein
    replied

Every one pursues his goal. Compete with each other in performing good deeds. Wherever you are, God will bring you all together. God has power over all things. Quran 2:148

Leave a comment:

• chowmein
    replied

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
    Your title should have read:

Let me show you a way of earning 83000.... .... ....
    Avoiding jealousy means not begrudging people of their possessions, wealth, positions and prosperity. Whereas it is permissible to envy people (to desire to be like them) in religious matters, it is impermissible to be jealous of people in worldly matters. It is because jealousy causes the jealous person to backbite and try to destroy the one whom he is jealous of; thus, it causes him to be unfair and cruel. Backbiting, cruelty and unfairness cause one’s thawabs to go away. All of these result in the increase of boons and thawabs of the envied person and in the increase of damages and despair of the envious one. The situation of such people is expressed in the Quranic verse as follows: “they lose both this world and the Hereafter.”

Leave a comment:

• Miss Foxxy
    replied

Your title should have read:

Let me show you a way of earning 83000.... .... ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X