Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if being religious isolates u from ppl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if being religious isolates u from ppl?

I've noticed in my own life that once you become practicing people treat you differently. They sort of keep you at a distance. Expect your friends to be too afraid to invite you anywhere.

Comment

Re: What if being religious isolates u from ppl?

Only because you have the wrong friends.
      "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
      Darul Ilm Blog
      Darul Ilm Faceboook
      Darul Ilm Twitter
      Darul Ilm Google+
      Ummah Radio Classes
      Ummah Radio
      Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
      Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

Comment

I know people who go clubbing, obviously they'd never invite me to go along with them, because we're not on the same page.

But i can meet up with sajid, samin, fais and the rest of the guys and never have a problem, because we're all on the same page.
        "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
        Darul Ilm Blog
        Darul Ilm Faceboook
        Darul Ilm Twitter
        Darul Ilm Google+
        Ummah Radio Classes
        Ummah Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Darul Ilm View Post
          Only because you have the wrong friends.
          Not really. My friends are really good practicing brothers mash Allah. But because they perceive me as even more "religious" than them, that affects our relationship.

Comment

I know people who go clubbing, obviously they'd never invite me to go along with them, because we're not on the same page.

But i can meet up with sajid, samin, fais and the rest of the guys and never have a problem, because we're all on the same page.
            you are on the same page as [MENTION=22732]Fais[/MENTION] ?

Thats it we can no longer be friends akhie

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
              Not really. My friends are really good practicing brothers mash Allah. But because they perceive me as even more "religious" than them, that affects our relationship.
              This does happen and happened to me too, but its again what Dar ul Ilm says they were or became wrong kind of friends

And it does beg teh question to how good and practicing they are if tehy see something as too religious

Albeit it may be a case that they dont leave you (general you not you akhie) but you leave them. In that i had a sufi friend who I really got on with. But he became hardcore so if you visit him he will push and push to get you to do some of his dodgy head banging. so i lost him through my choice, if that makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                you are on the same page as [MENTION=22732]Fais[/MENTION] ?

Thats it we can no longer be friends akhie
                fais is misunderstood. he trolls people without them realising it.
                Darul Ilm Blog
                Darul Ilm Faceboook
                Darul Ilm Twitter
                Darul Ilm Google+
                Ummah Radio Classes
                Ummah Radio

Comment

fais is misunderstood. he trolls people without them realising it.
                  I love the guy really, give him my salaams next time you speak with him as he doesnt seem to be on here much

maybe he will be back when milaad come around

Comment

not an issue

I've survived without a so called friend, and I agree that it is rare to find a good friend, a good friend is like family, they will be there for you no matter what.
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

It really depends on what you mean by isolation.

Edit: Also after living in a mainly atheist country for the past 20 years I've come to the conclusion that these people don't really care about you. So it's better to distance yourself from them rather than trying to fit in. I'm sure you'll find people to talk with who are good muslims and understand you.
                      Last edited by fyi; 26-11-16, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fyi View Post
                        It really depends on what you mean by isolation.

Edit: Also after living in a mainly atheist country for the past 20 years I've come to the conclusion that these people don't really care about you. So it's better to distance yourself from them rather than trying to fit in. I'm sure you'll find people to talk with who are good muslims and understand you.
                        He speaks with experience!

Comment

I'm not isolated in terms of my family or few close friends
                          However..at work for example, it's hard not to feel isolated in a way because i don't talk with oposite gender (unless i have a work related qs), and to others that makes me seem quiet..boring..etc
                          But I don't mind, because Allah s.w.t is with me.
                          Plus I know enough about myself to know that I become close to ppl if they are females and care about me too, not just anyone. And I don't blend to fit in with the environment
                          Actually did a good job on my old team discussing the dangers and haraam of alcohol (to a non muslim team)
                          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

We came into this world alone and we going to leave it alone as well.

The beauty behind loneliness is that you find out that to survive you don't need anyone but Allah

People think being alone makes you lonely, nah, I don't think that's true... being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world...
                            “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Working...
                            X