Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a jew or christian pray in a mosque?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can a jew or christian pray in a mosque?

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    I was told by my father that there was a story where the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) allowed Christians to pray in a mosque because they had no where else to pray....either a mosque, or a house where muslims were praying......
    Yeah I was thinking about that story to

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
      Is it? I asked about 3 different imams in my city. You tell me who I should've asked.
      You asked around three imams, and now you're asking the internet. Do you not see anything wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        You asked around three imams, and now you're asking the internet. Do you not see anything wrong here?
        I get your point brother. My intention wasn't to start an argument with you. What do you think I should have done then? Ask another imam?

Comment

I get your point brother. My intention wasn't to start an argument with you. What do you think I should have done then? Ask another imam?
          Well first of all, it's not a question that you should spend too much time on. It's not like you are in charge of a masjid and need to know the ruling.

Secondly, why weren't you satisfied with the answer the first imam gave you? Or the second imam... or the third?!

The imams you asked, are they actually knowledgeable or do they just lead the prayers? If they are people of knowledge, then you are sitting on a gold mine. Many people don't have access to one scholar and you have at least three! My advice is to use them as much as possible and forget about asking random questions to random people.

Comment

So many MASJIDS have opened their doors within the US for Christians and Jews--Ahl al Kitab, to worship.
            See here
            Kind of the samehere,too.
            Here is a church that opened its doors to Muslims for salat.
            لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
            سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
              So many MASJIDS have opened their doors within the US for Christians and Jews--Ahl al Kitab, to worship.
              See here
              Kind of the samehere,too.
              Here is a church that opened its doors to Muslims for salat.
              The first link isn't about worship, they just invited them to iftar. The second link isn't about worship either, they invited them for food and interfaith Q&A.

So the Muslim did not open their doors for Christians or Jews to worship in mosques.

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post
                The first link isn't about worship, they just invited them to iftar. The second link isn't about worship either, they invited them for food and interfaith Q&A.

So the Muslim did not open their doors for Christians or Jews to worship in mosques.
                You realize we pray to the same Diety, right? Allah is just Arabic for God like Gott in German, Dķos in Spanish, Kamisama (神様) in Japanese, Shen in Mandarin or San in Cantonese (神), I can go on, really, I can.
                لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
                سورة الإخلاص

Comment

:start:
                  :salams
                  Is it forbidden?
                  https://islamqa.info/en/2192
                  https://islamqa.info/en/9444

According to these two fatwas, it depends:
                  Is it masjid al-haram or not?
                  Will it benefit (ie. they may take shahada or learn how to pray etc.)? Or is it just mere tourism?
                  How they dress etc.

And the scholar also notet that there are different opinions.

Ask your imam and share the answer with us.
                  Abu Abdullaah I've read what you've written here, and I neg repped you, not because I have hatred for you, but because I think this is not a good way of thinking.

I know a brother who lives in Lithuania, and his closest mosque is very far away, so he seeks answers online.

And if you believe that seeking knowledge online is not pure, then that is wrong.

Let me give you an example.

You can read thousands of hadith online, and so many books, and listen to so many duroos, and read so many fatwas. It's important to be critical because, before you know it you are reading fabricated hadith and listening to shia scholars etc.

If you go to the mosque, you have the same risks, only with less variety. You might risk you visit 2-3 sufi mosques and end up as a mad dervish. Which is true for online knowledge as well, but the difference being that there is a lot more material online. That doesn't make it worse to seek knowledge online, since you will probably get the opinions of many more scholars and groups and books etc.
                  Sisters don't rep or joke with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu-Yahya View Post

Will it benefit (ie. they may take shahada or learn how to pray etc.)? Or is it just mere tourism?
                    How they dress etc.

And the scholar also notet that there are different opinions.

Abu Abdullaah I've read what you've written here, and I neg repped you, not because I have hatred for you, but because I think this is not a good way of thinking.

I know a brother who lives in Lithuania, and his closest mosque is very far away, so he seeks answers online.

And if you believe that seeking knowledge online is not pure, then that is wrong.

Let me give you an example.

You can read thousands of hadith online, and so many books, and listen to so many duroos, and read so many fatwas. It's important to be critical because, before you know it you are reading fabricated hadith and listening to shia scholars etc.

If you go to the mosque, you have the same risks, only with less variety. You might risk you visit 2-3 sufi mosques and end up as a mad dervish. Which is true for online knowledge as well, but the difference being that there is a lot more material online. That doesn't make it worse to seek knowledge online, since you will probably get the opinions of many more scholars and groups and books etc.
                    You think it's not a good way of thinking and then say all that?

Comment

...I know a brother who lives in Lithuania, and his closest mosque is very far away, so he seeks answers online...
                      Irrelevant.

...And if you believe that seeking knowledge online is not pure, then that is wrong...
                      Nobody said that.

...You can read thousands of hadith online, and so many books, and listen to so many duroos, and read so many fatwas. It's important to be critical because, before you know it you are reading fabricated hadith and listening to shia scholars etc...
                      Irrelevant again.

...If you go to the mosque, you have the same risks, only with less variety. You might risk you visit 2-3 sufi mosques and end up as a mad dervish. Which is true for online knowledge as well, but the difference being that there is a lot more material online. That doesn't make it worse to seek knowledge online, since you will probably get the opinions of many more scholars and groups and books etc...
                      More irrelevance.

Did you even bother to read the rest of the thread?

How they dress etc.

And the scholar also notet that there are different opinions....
                      After all that you just searched a website which OP is perfectly capable of doing himself.

Comment

Irrelevant.

Nobody said that.

Irrelevant again.

More irrelevance.

Did you even bother to read the rest of the thread?

After all that you just searched a website which OP is perfectly capable of doing himself.
                        But he maybe didn't nor did anyone else whilst Sheikh Muhammad Al-Munajid is more capable to answer than us.
                        You think it's not a good way of thinking and then say all that?
                        Yes. I don't get your question? I say all that because I believe it's not a good way of thinking.

Anyways Abu Abdullah, how did you manage to get almost 38k posts without getting banned?

Anyways my post was an answer to what you said in this thread, not just a single post.
                        Sisters don't rep or joke with me.

Comment

But he maybe didn't nor did anyone else whilst Sheikh Muhammad Al-Munajid is more capable to answer than us...
                          He did better than that: he asked at least three imams.

After that, he asked a bunch of anonymous people on the internet. You think that's a good approach?

...Yes. I don't get your question?...
                          You said it's not a good way of thinking then posted a load of irrelevant stuff.

Comment

first of all you have to be in state of purity (from major impurity) to enter masjid. a kaafir in his kaafir state is impure like a muslim man/women in need of ritual bath.
                            and secondly, why in the world a priest or monk come into a masjid and pray jumah or fajr with us? while his heart in not with Allah? like it or not these people are after public affiliation...the last thing a Muslim should have in his/her mind on. if he/she is in transition period from kufur to Islam then i have to dig up more about the views of the scholars, mostly likely its should be done in their home

Comment

Working...
                            X