X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbuZ1
    replied
    Re: Interacting with the opposite gender

You need to differentiate between Muslims and non-Muslims. If you're living in the West, you have almost certainly interacted with someone of the opposite gender out of necessity. Whether this is in school, shops, banks, government offices, etc. Very difficult to avoid so all you can really do is finish your business and move on, without any unnecessary chatter. You do not live in a bubble so unless you're unemployed, don't go outside, and stay at home 24/7, you cannot be criticized for these situations.

If this person is a Muslim however, they should know better. Don't entertain them. If they are doing it in a flirty way then ignore them and walk away. If they are just naive or liberal in their behaviour you can give them short answers until they get the hint. And if they don't, tell them they have no business speaking with you so shove off.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

Edit thought this was the post whatever thread

Leave a comment:

• i.carrim
    replied

Well,this makes them neither normal nor refined..and their Islamic upbringing falls far short of basic.

Leave a comment:

• Medic
    replied

Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
    Normal,refined,Muslims with basic Islamic upbringing do not get carried away.
    I disagree. Seen plenty of practicing brothers and sister fall into it.

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri
    replied

Well you haven't seen enough of them.

Leave a comment:

• i.carrim
    replied

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
    You will know when you get carried away by the opposite gender. If you notice that when you're talking to them ( online/real life), then give a mental smack to yourself, and renew your intentions.

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri
    replied

You will know when you get carried away by the opposite gender. If you notice that when you're talking to them ( online/real life), then give a mental smack to yourself, and renew your intentions.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimahghuraba
    replied

Originally posted by LingLing12 View Post
    Lol

Lol again.
    This is a perfect example.

You 'LOL'ing is relaxing the communication between you and the sister you responded to.

Stay away from unnecessary talking and 'lol'ing with sisters.

I know this is online not real life and sometimes its easy to become slack online but uphold your values even when online.

Also we live ina society where we will need to interact with the opposite gender at some point whether that be in the supermarket, carpark, doctors or dentists surgery or at your childrens school.

It is not the interaction that is the problem its HOW you interact.

Leave a comment:

• Ella-Rose-Libya
    replied

Speaking in the limits of work/study. Nothing more, nothing less.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

Indeed a hypothetical situation for a self confined life in a cell.
    My point is what is the point of all these hypotheticals. Seems a large number of posts on ummah deal in h ypotheticals

If something happens in the real world deal with it then, we don't need to conjure fantasy scenarios that most likely will never occur
    Reminds me of the "what if" stage some Muslim fiqh scholars went through. The salaf disliked asking hypothetical questions

Leave a comment:

• i.carrim
    replied

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Seeing as it's a hypothetical situation why don't you get blue aliens to give you a lift in their monster truck?
    Hey you did say imagine
    Indeed a hypothetical situation for a self confined life in a cell.

Leave a comment:

• LingLing12
    replied

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Seeing as it's a hypothetical situation why don't you get blue aliens to give you a lift in their monster truck?
    Hey you did say imagine
    It's not such an alien situation bro and what about going shops to buy some groceries or if you are doing the selling

Originally posted by slaveofthemosthigh View Post
    No, when I said that you should not talk to the opposite gender I meant non mahrams.

So there are exceptions...

And this is 1 of them

And what you meant and what you wrote are two different things.. jus sayin
    Last edited by LingLing12; 20-11-16, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• i.carrim
    replied

Indeed,a very hypothetical situation for a self confined life in a cell.

Leave a comment:

• Medic
    replied

Imagine you are knocked down and severely injured.A stranger of an opposite gender passes by and offers to drive you to the nearest hospital while everybody else ignores.What will you do ?
    It's a necessity so it would be fine.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

Imagine you are knocked down and severely injured.A stranger of an opposite gender passes by and offers to drive you to the nearest hospital while everybody else ignores.What will you do ?
    Hey you did say imagine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X