• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Muslim guy feel uncomfortable listen to adhan or Qur'an

Originally posted by Medic View Post
    I see, How long does 1 session last?

Jzk for the link.
    I think its 30 mins to an hour, you can have as many sessions as you want though.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Could be a jinn related issue. I also used to feel VERY uneasy when I listened to recitation or when I tried to recite stuff myself so I can relate. My best friend convinced (pushed) me into trying ruqya and stuff which I found really difficult for the first few weeks but after that it got easier. I started by avoiding music and listening to Quran in small doses, only for a few minutes per day and as my tolerance for it improved then I was able to listen to it for longer periods. I also had anxiety issues and stuff like that. Now I can listen to surah baqarah and I feel fine. A few years ago I'd put quran on and anything longer than fifteen minutes I'd start feeling quite agitated.

Gradually over time I was also able to get back into the routine of salah although I'm still not well enough to do ghusl or wudhu most of the time (which was putting me off doing salah in the first place) but now I know a bit about tayammum and sitting during prayer (cos' I can't stand up long enough) so it's more manageable.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
        Stop listening to music. Music cancells out love for Quran recitation. Both can't Co exist in a person. If the person loves music he will find himself intolerant towards Quran recitation.

If a person loves Quran recitation he will find himself not at rest with music.
        This. I can't listen to music and Qur'an at the same time.

Comment

The first step to solving a problem is to acknowledge it. Seems like the brother recognizes he has a problem, which is a good thing, may Allah aid him. The first step is salah. He has to get back to the basics. Pray five times a day, attend the masjid when he can, and try to recite Quran for at least a few minutes a day. Those things are all easily accomplished without any major lifestyle changes. Then advise him to cut out all the major sins, if he is committing any. Beyond that he may possibly need counselling, and a change in scenery/environment.

Comment

this 'muslim' guy has lost the plot.

Comment

Working...
            X