X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
    Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Wa alaykum Salam

Why are you not physically stopping them? You need to do this, if they are daring enough, use your arm and push them back.

This is not acceptable.
    This mainly happens when I am doing ruku' and I don't see them or I am in jalsa, and they pass so quickly (thinking it helps or something).
    Are people passing from both sides?
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Re: Women passing in front while praying

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
      Ajeeb wallahi.

Some of them said that the distance is three cubits from the feet of the one who is praying, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) prayed in the Ka‘bah with three cubits between him and the wall. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (506). This is the view of the Hanafis, Shaafa‘is and Hanbalis, and it is what may be understood from the words of Maalik, because the distance between the one who is praying and the sutrah should be as much as he needs to stand, bow and prostrate.

See: al-Mawsoo‘ah al-Fiqhiyyah (24/184).

Others were of the view that the distance should be sufficient to allow a sheep to pass, from the place where the worshipper prostrates, because of the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (474) and Muslim (508) from Sahl ibn Sa‘d (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: Between the place where the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) prayed and the wall there was a space where a sheep could pass
      Ah i realised where you misunderstood me or i might have clarified better

When i said no shariah ruling i meant no EXACTNESS and undisputed of that distance hence that very distance has different opinons
      Does the pain weigh out the pride? And you look for a place to hide,
      Did someone break your heart inside, You're in ruins.

Comment

For example a girl from my left crosses my salah path (where I do sujood) and will continue to the right passing completely through.

Does it differ if let's say the stop mid way without continuing to the right? So they begin to cross (a foot in front of me) but then they stop and they don't pass through?

Comment

For example a girl from my left crosses my salah path (where I do sujood) and will continue to the right passing completely through.

Does it differ if let's say the stop mid way without continuing to the right? So they begin to cross (a foot in front of me) but then they stop and they don't pass through?
          Yes it differs. They need to completely cross.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

I was meaning to ask that as well since sisters sometimes sit in front but don't pass which was an issue for me :jkk:

Also, can the sutra be a glass window? Or it has to be an opaque object?

Comment

I thought most if not all Arab cultures (if you are Arab that is) know it's a big 'ayb to walk in front of a musalli.

Some Egyptian or Saudis or whatever will hold their hand out with force and not allow you to pass.

Maybe it's different with women.

I would take a step towards the wall when getting into rukoo then adjust yourself when going down for sujood so you have enough room. Then during the tashahhud skid yourself towards the sutrah again, just enough so that you can block them if they try to pass.

Repeating prayer 3 times is crazy. You should also try to pray the fard I'm congregation.

بارك الله فيكم

Comment

I was meaning to ask that as well since sisters sometimes sit in front but don't pass which was an issue for me :jkk:

Also, can the sutra be a glass window? Or it has to be an opaque object?
                Yes it doesn't have to be opaque.

Comment

Yes it doesn't have to be opaque.
                  :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                    I thought most if not all Arab cultures (if you are Arab that is) know it's a big 'ayb to walk in front of a musalli.

Some Egyptian or Saudis or whatever will hold their hand out with force and not allow you to pass.

Maybe it's different with women.

I would take a step towards the wall when getting into rukoo then adjust yourself when going down for sujood so you have enough room. Then during the tashahhud skid yourself towards the sutrah again, just enough so that you can block them if they try to pass.

Repeating prayer 3 times is crazy. You should also try to pray the fard I'm congregation.

بارك الله فيكم
                    It is because they are Shi'a (all who have passed me where that). There are some considerate Shi'a that go behind me but those who do not pass as if it is nothing, without hesitation.

Comment

Working...
                    X