does Allah forgives all sins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does Allah forgives all sins?

"I heard Mu'awiyah delivering the Khutbah, and he narrated a few Hadiths from the Messenger of Allah [SAW]." He said: "I heard him delivering a Khutbah and he said: 'I heard the Messenger of Allah [SAW] say: Every sin may be forgiven by Allah except a man who kills a believer deliberately, or a man who dies as a disbeliever.'"

It was narrated from Salim bin abi Ja'd that:
    Ibn 'Abbas was asked about someone who killed a believer deliberately then he repented, believed and did righteous deeds, and followed true guidance. Ibn 'Abbas said: "There is no way he could repent! I heard your Prophet say; He (the victim) will come hanging onto his killer with his jugular veins flowing with blood and saying: "Ask him why he killed me." Then he said: "by Allah, Allah revealed it and never abrogated anything of it.

Narrated Abu Huraira:
    I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying. "All the sins of my followers will be forgiven except those of the Mujahirin (those who commit a sin openly or disclose their sins to the people). An example of such disclosure is that a person commits a sin at night and though Allah screens it from the public, then he comes in the morning, and says, 'O so-and-so, I did such-and-such (evil) deed yesterday,' though he spent his night screened by his Lord (none knowing about his sin) and in the morning he removes Allah's screen from himself."

Please can somebody help me, jazakhAllahkhir

(im sorry I posted this thread in the hajj section, when I intended this section, please may you leave this thread in this section jazakhAllahkhir)

Re: does Allah forgives all sins?

Sins are broadly of two categories;those that offend Allah s.t and those that offend both Allah s.t and fellow human beings.Allah s.t. knows best.

Comment

All except shirk. Although there's a difference of opinion about this, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

does Allah forgives all sins?
        Yes inshaAllah , except dying as a mushrik :

{ Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin. }

{ And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty.
        Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated -
        Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
        }

as to the hadeeth on killing a believer delibaretly , quoting islamqa.info :

If you killed a believer deliberately, then there are three rights which are connected to that: the rights of Allaah, the rights of the victim and the rights of the victim’s next of kin.

With regard to the rights of Allaah: if you repent sincerely to your Lord, then Allaah will accept your repentance, because He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” [al-Zumar 39:53]

With regard to the rights of the victim, he is not alive so you cannot put things right with him. The matter has to wait until the Day of Resurrection, i.e., the settling of scores with you on behalf of the victim will take place on the Day of Resurrection. But I hope that if your repentance is correct and is accepted by Allaah, then Allaah will compensate the victim with what He wills of His bounty until he is satisfied, and you will be reprieved.

With regard to the rights of the victim’s next of kin, which is the third right, you cannot be absolved of this until you hand yourself over to them. Therefore you have to hand yourself over to the victim’s next of kin, and tell them that you are the one who killed him, then they have the choice. If they want to they can exact vengeance upon you, if the conditions of qasaas are met; or if they want to they may take the diyah (blood money) from you; or if they want to they can forgive you.

Comment

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) explained the seven sins that doom a person to Hell in a saheeh hadeeth that was narrated by the two Shaykhs, al-Bukhaari and Muslim, in as-Saheehayn, in which it was narrated that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Avoid the seven sins that doom a person to Hell.” We said: What are they, O Messenger of Allah? He said: “Associating others with Allah (shirk); witchcraft; killing a soul whom Allah has forbidden us to kill, except in cases dictated by Islamic law; consuming orphans’ wealth; consuming riba; fleeing from the battlefield; and slandering chaste, innocent women.”
          Try these Islamic Quizzes !! It is Fun :evilb:

Comment

Working...
          X