Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical Ways to Earn Money.

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

This thread will highlight some practical ways in which you can earn some extra money.

I'll try and include tips which will help insha'Allaah, along with some legitimate websites a person can register with.

(Some ideas may be applicable to a certain gender).

I know some people are struggling financially, so hopefully this will help them insha'Allaah.

Remember, as an Ummah, we have to aid one another in times of hardship, so please contribute wisely if you can insha'Allaah.

Re: Practical Ways to Earn Money.

PeoplePerHour

You can register with this website for free, make an account, and start putting proposals forward for jobs you can do. It's a site for freelancers in the following areas:

Design
    Web Development
    Video, Photo & Audio
    Business Support
    Marketing & PR
    Writing
    Software Development
    Admin
    Search Marketing
    Social Media
    Mobile
    Translation
    Creative Arts
    Extraordinary
    Tutorials

Comment

Stock Market Thread Here.

Comment

AsSalaamu Alaikum

JAzakAllah khair for this. Good to see some practical advice. I've been thinking about more nontraditional forms of income as a friend brought up a point about money not being based on a restricted form of residual income (eg salary, providing a false sense of security), rather revenue streams which fluctuate.

Also looking more into the concept of a job which incorporates more of what I have a passion for as that is what seperates the good from the great. My idea is that the ideal job is more of a lifestyle (islamic ofcourse, which facilitates Ibadah) as opposed to using the time inbetween meetings. WAllahu alam. Tangent aside, thanks again.

Comment

[MENTION=140594]LA3[/MENTION] I think if you want a job which allows you to incorporate an Islamic lifestyle, so you can take time out for your prayers, and Ramadhan, and be flexible in your hours, then consider going into freelance consultancy within your area of profession. Or you could start up your own business and have a steady income without having to work for someone else.

Comment

eBay

Selling products from home is an easy enough way to earn some money on the side.

Register an account with eBay, and PayPal, and list your item. It may take some time to see how listing an item is done, but once you see other people selling the same item as you, you'll know what to write. Be careful not to copy/paste another Users listing.

Scroll down and the bottom of the page you will see 'Seller Centre' which goes through the basics. Remember the price you enter needs to take into account the eBay fee, PayPal fee and the postage, so don't make your prices too low.

What to sell? - eBay has a section Top-rated Sellers, so you can have a look at what sells and what doesn't.

Go for small-ish items at first, so you don't need to worry too much about postage.

Comment

[MENTION=140134]Chained Rider[/MENTION]

Anything to contribute?

Comment

Practical Ways to Earn Money.

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

:jkk: useful thread sis. :)
                إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                  و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

:jkk: useful thread sis. :)
                  I thought it was a waste of Internet space at first, but then I received a really nice du'a via rep, and thought perhaps it is helpful.

Comment

Babysitting
                    Mowing the lawn
                    Cleaning the driveway

Comment

If you have many skills you can actually make money easier. For example, you're good at swimming you can teach swimming. Or you're good at computers you can make programs or apps on android. Or you master several languages, you can provide translation service or teaching language course as well. Or you're a good cook, you can cook home made food and sell it to friends or online.

I like to enrich myself with so many skills and then turn them into tools to make money.
                      ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
                        Babysitting
                        Mowing the lawn
                        Cleaning the driveway
                        Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
                        If you have many skills you can actually make money easier. For example, you're good at swimming you can teach swimming. Or you're good at computers you can make programs or apps on android. Or you master several languages, you can provide translation service or teaching language course as well. Or you're a good cook, you can cook home made food and sell it to friends or online.

I like to enrich myself with so many skills and then turn them into tools to make money.
                        Brilliant ideas.

I think Tutoring is another good way to make money.

If a person is good at English/Maths/Science or has a degree in any subject, they can definitely tutor children.

Comment

Uber and Lyft Driving :)
                          Personal Trainer or Fitness Instructor

Comment

Copy other businesses. Insha allah

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                              [MENTION=140134]Chained Rider[/MENTION]

Anything to contribute?
                              I'm going to deviate a bit here. The great outdoors. Working with your hands,building, constructing,designing,plumbing. The construction industry is where the money is. Everybody needs shelter. So you can imagine the scope in making money here. Everybody's got shelter (almost) . Computer aided designing,interior designing,maintenance.

Now for the females. Just my observation. Clothing industry. Stiching and designing clothes from home. Baby,toddler clothing, mittens,etc. Men can get into it too,if they like tailoring,designing. Everybody needs clothes (almost).

Toys , toys that help to learn, children's books. That's one area where we need to make strides in. Somebody give J K Rowling a run for her money. Not to mention the magic and superstition that kids are exposed to at a young age via Harry Potter. Yeah. So something needs to be done in that area.

Comment

Working...
                              X