Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies who work out, come in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ladies who work out, come in.

    What do you guys do? Where? What do you wear? General experiences. I do c25k (on week 2) outside and I wear regular sports clothes with a sports hijab.

    I am going to start doing strength training soon isA. I am addicted to running. I want to run today but I can't cos it is my rest day.

    C25K: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

    Sports hijab: https://www.capsters.com/

  • #2
    Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

    yay perfect thread for me. I need tips on exercise to loose weight and other purposes. thanks sis :up:

    Firstly how would you advice someone who isn't used to exercise to start, like for a beginner.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

    And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


    أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

    Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


    Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

    Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

      Asalamu alaikum sis.

      I've been working out for a couple of months now. I do Muay Thai and K1, along with some weight training. I wear a turban style hijab, although I'm looking to purchase a sports hijab inshAllah. Never actually thought about it till now if I'm completely honest.

      With regards to the rest of my outfit, it's pretty simple really. Sports dress or long line hoody, with comfortable bottoms..

      And I totally understand your passion, once you start working out it's very addictive. Rest days actually get me down too Lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

        Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
        yay perfect thread for me. I need tips on exercise to loose weight and other purposes. thanks sis :up:

        Firstly how would you advice someone who isn't used to exercise to start, like for a beginner.
        Are you interested in running/jogging? If so, Couch25K is a great programme. It is designed for beginners. If you complete it, you will be able to run 5k/30 mins without stopping in 9 weeks. If you want to lose weight, you have to change your diet as well. You won't lose weight just from doing c25k. You could go to your GP for advice. You might also be able to get exercise on prescription if you have health issues that would be helped by doing exercise.

        http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-...epression.aspx

        Btw, I am by no means an expert. I got everything I know from the internet lol.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

          Originally posted by RiverInParadise View Post
          Asalamu alaikum sis.

          I've been working out for a couple of months now. I do Muay Thai and K1, along with some weight training. I wear a turban style hijab, although I'm looking to purchase a sports hijab inshAllah. Never actually thought about it till now if I'm completely honest.

          With regards to the rest of my outfit, it's pretty simple really. Sports dress or long line hoody, with comfortable bottoms..

          And I totally understand your passion, once you start working out it's very addictive. Rest days actually get me down too Lol
          Yay. I am not the only one haha. I am running tomorrow isA. :inlove:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

            Running
            Swimming
            Sometimes weight training

            I like that I become stronger now. I mean I have lots of energy that I didn't actually have when I was younger.

            Exercise is important to make us fit. Don't exercise to be skinny but to be strong.
            ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

            They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

              Before marriage I would jog daily and Go up 13 floors straight which kept me a size 8 no matter what i ate Alhamdulilah lol but after marriage and baby i gained a size 12 and after 1 month rest I got back to jogging while pushing the pram and now im close my actual size 8 Alhamdulilah.
              So jogging and going up the stairs are brilliant also walking 60 minutes daily helped so much... I wear normal tracksuits, with a long top underneath and a hoodie jumper on top, cover my hair with a bandanna and the hoodie on to.. I look gangster lol but I found it best when jogging. I wear running trainers and they keep my feet from swelling.

              Well done for being healthy mash'Allah
              I love you, cherish you and worship you,
              Guide me on your path to your janna,
              Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,


              :love:Allah:love:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

                Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                Before marriage I would jog daily and Go up 13 floors straight which kept me a size 8 no matter what i ate Alhamdulilah lol but after marriage and baby i gained a size 12 and after 1 month rest I got back to jogging while pushing the pram and now im close my actual size 8 Alhamdulilah.
                So jogging and going up the stairs are brilliant also walking 60 minutes daily helped so much... I wear normal tracksuits, with a long top underneath and a hoodie jumper on top, cover my hair with a bandanna and the hoodie on to.. I look gangster lol but I found it best when jogging. I wear running trainers and they keep my feet from swelling.

                Well done for being healthy mash'Allah
                Trainers are so important. I wear some Asics I bought a few years ago and they are amazing. It's like i'm walking/running on air. So comfy.

                And thanks. :)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

                  Originally posted by thebench View Post
                  What do you guys do? Where? What do you wear? General experiences. I do c25k (on week 2) outside and I wear regular sports clothes with a sports hijab.

                  I am going to start doing strength training soon isA. I am addicted to running. I want to run today but I can't cos it is my rest day.

                  C25K: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

                  Sports hijab: https://www.capsters.com/
                  I do various kinds of workouts at home, depending on my mood. I have tried Davina McCall fitness DVDs, Insanity, P90X, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, you name it. Also on weekend I go for hikinh/trekking, and MTB - I am not really sure which one I like better. Now I am thinking about some martial art but unfortunately that would mean registering with some club...We'll see about that.

                  About clothes, well I get clothes they usually sell in those sportswear stores and headscarf is usually made of synthetics. Btw. I hate running/jogging, it's so boring. I tried it several times but unless I have some company, can't really do it. Really boring.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

                    Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
                    I do various kinds of workouts at home, depending on my mood. I have tried Davina McCall fitness DVDs, Insanity, P90X, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, you name it. Also on weekend I go for hikinh/trekking, and MTB - I am not really sure which one I like better. Now I am thinking about some martial art but unfortunately that would mean registering with some club...We'll see about that.

                    About clothes, well I get clothes they usually sell in those sportswear stores and headscarf is usually made of synthetics. Btw. I hate running/jogging, it's so boring. I tried it several times but unless I have some company, can't really do it. Really boring.
                    Have you noticed a difference in yourself?? Weight loss etc. I like running because you can do it anywhere and any time. I like being in nature as well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

                      How do sisters run/jog in public and maintain their modesty?

                      I've never seen sisters jogging with an abaya/niqaab/khimaar on.

                      Also do your men-folk agree with this?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

                        Originally posted by thebench View Post
                        Have you noticed a difference in yourself?? Weight loss etc. I like running because you can do it anywhere and any time. I like being in nature as well.
                        Well, I look the same for the last 5 years really. I wasn't fat so I wasn't looking to lose weight, but strengthening and toning my muscles. And yeah, I succeeded.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

                          Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                          How do sisters run/jog in public and maintain their modesty?

                          I've never seen sisters jogging with an abaya/niqaab/khimaar on.

                          Also do your men-folk agree with this?
                          Female parks or gyms..
                          ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

                            Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
                            Female parks or gyms..
                            I know of female only gyms, but not parks. Where are they?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Ladies who work out, come in.

                              run on the treadmill for 2 mins everyday lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X