Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Influence of Non Muslim Environment

Assalamu alaikum fellow muslims,

I am a muslim student in the west, the son of immigrants like many of us. I try to keep my iman firm by praying, dhikr, etc. But throughout the days in which I go to university, the elements of the non muslim environment has an effect on me. I become heedless of Islam and my iman takes a temporary decrease until I pray or remember Allah. I know this is normal, as the story of Abu Bakr and another sahabah who explained it to the rasullullah (SAWS) and the prophet said Iman decreases and increases. I go to the masjid as much as I can, but even then most of my time is spent in university, and on days I have no school, I pray, read quran, go to the masjid but it is a bit small because I am usually praying by myself, such as isolated. If you look at the sahabah, they did their work to get money and food, but they also came together and went out in jihad, or even for dawah, where 90,000 sahabah out of 110,000 sahabah are buried outside of Saudi Arabia. They really were constantly in the environment of deen together. I was wondering if anyone other fellow muslim feels the same as I do. Jazakallahu khair for reading this. :)

Re: Influence of Non Muslim Environment

Originally posted by jibaal View Post
    Assalamu alaikum fellow muslims,

I am a muslim student in the west, the son of immigrants like many of us. I try to keep my iman firm by praying, dhikr, etc. But throughout the days in which I go to university, the elements of the non muslim environment has an effect on me. I become heedless of Islam and my iman takes a temporary decrease until I pray or remember Allah. I know this is normal, as the story of Abu Bakr and another sahabah who explained it to the rasullullah (SAWS) and the prophet said Iman decreases and increases. I go to the masjid as much as I can, but even then most of my time is spent in university, and on days I have no school, I pray, read quran, go to the masjid but it is a bit small because I am usually praying by myself, such as isolated. If you look at the sahabah, they did their work to get money and food, but they also came together and went out in jihad, or even for dawah, where 90,000 sahabah out of 110,000 sahabah are buried outside of Saudi Arabia. They really were constantly in the environment of deen together. I was wondering if anyone other fellow muslim feels the same as I do. Jazakallahu khair for reading this. :)
    I hope our muslim members ll help you out...depends where you live.
    ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Working...
    X