Very angry at teacher.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very angry at teacher.....

I am very angry and I feel like I'm going to explode with anxiety and rage.......9 days ago, my class took a quiz where we had to memorize elements on the periodic table (chemistry), but I wasn't there because I wasn't sure if I took my medications and had to go home early......I kept asking my teacher when I could take the make up quiz, and she kept saying, "Later," and eventually she told me to look it up on "google classroom" (an online resource for school) and I couldn't find it, and eventually, i thought we were having a quiz on electron dot diagrams, but she gave me the quiz and i told her i wasn't ready......she gave me another day.....I tried finding it, but couldn't find it, so I eventually went to her office and asked if she could give me the number on the periodic table of the first element and then the last element so I could study those in between, and she said, "some aren't on there, just look on google classroom," I told her i was having trouble, and asked if she could give me a list, but she said to just look on google classroom.....she eventually showed me step by step how to get to the document using the computer....i followed the instructions today, and STILL COULD NOT FIND IT...........all because of her stubbornness... it has been NINE DAYS, and still haven't done my quiz.......and tomorrow, it will have been TEN DAYS!!!!!!!! ill have to take it on tuesday...im seething with rage, and my mom said she'd send an email to the teacher explaining the situation, but I am very worried......can someone please calm me down?

Re: Very angry at teacher.....

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    I am very angry and I feel like I'm going to explode with anxiety and rage.......9 days ago, my class took a quiz where we had to memorize elements on the periodic table (chemistry), but I wasn't there because I wasn't sure if I took my medications and had to go home early......I kept asking my teacher when I could take the make up quiz, and she kept saying, "Later," and eventually she told me to look it up on "google classroom" (an online resource for school) and I couldn't find it, and eventually, i thought we were having a quiz on electron dot diagrams, but she gave me the quiz and i told her i wasn't ready......she gave me another day.....I tried finding it, but couldn't find it, so I eventually went to her office and asked if she could give me the number on the periodic table of the first element and then the last element so I could study those in between, and she said, "some aren't on there, just look on google classroom," I told her i was having trouble, and asked if she could give me a list, but she said to just look on google classroom.....she eventually showed me step by step how to get to the document using the computer....i followed the instructions today, and STILL COULD NOT FIND IT...........all because of her stubbornness... it has been NINE DAYS, and still haven't done my quiz.......and tomorrow, it will have been TEN DAYS!!!!!!!! ill have to take it on tuesday...im seething with rage, and my mom said she'd send an email to the teacher explaining the situation, but I am very worried......can someone please calm me down?
    Do you need the periodic table elements? Because here's a link (sorry that is what I understood I may have misconstrued everything)

With regards to your teacher, understand this is a test of patience by Allah SWT. Do not let anger take hold

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If a man gets angry and says, ‘I seek refuge with Allaah,’ his anger will go away." (Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, no. 695)

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The strong man is not the one who can overpower others (in wrestling); rather, the strong man is the one who controls himself when he gets angry." (Reported by Ahmad, 2/236; the hadeeth is agreed upon). The greater the anger, the higher the status of the one who controls himself. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The strongest man is the one who, when he gets angry and his face reddens and his hackles rise, is able to defeat his anger." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 5/367, and classified as hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3859)
    Please understand this stuff happens all the time in real life. We must try to communicate the best way possible and get our point across as clear as possible. Be very blunt with your teacher about not being able to find it at all and that she should just directly give you the information or have your parent call/send an email. When parents get involved, it's a whole different story.

Here's a list of tables you can choose from, they have the full names, however the text is small so it's best to print out or zoom in:

https://www.google.com.lb/search?q=p...m5FhN6Sx9GM%3A

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
      Do you need the periodic table elements? Because here's a link (sorry that is what I understood I may have misconstrued everything)

With regards to your teacher, understand this is a test of patience by Allah SWT. Do not let anger take hold

Please understand this stuff happens all the time in real life. We must try to communicate the best way possible and get our point across as clear as possible. Be very blunt with your teacher about not being able to find it at all and that she should just directly give you the information or have your parent call/send an email. When parents get involved, it's a whole different story.

Here's a list of tables you can choose from, they have the full names, however the text is small so it's best to print out or zoom in:

https://www.google.com.lb/search?q=p...m5FhN6Sx9GM%3A
      it's only on a portion of the periodic table, and i dont know which one it is....

Comment

it's only on a portion of the periodic table, and i dont know which one it is....
        Oh, then print out a periodic table and give it to her after class and tell her can you quickly mark which ones are due?

Comment

You have the computer skills to post on this forum so why so much issue with google in general? It looks like you want to be fed with a spoon. Your computer skill is far behind.....9 days????

Comment

It's frustrating but it's not your fault. Insha Allah if your mom talks to the teacher everything will be sorted out.

Maybe someone on here can help you navigate google classroom.

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
            Oh, then print out a periodic table and give it to her after class and tell her can you quickly mark which ones are due?
            I think he tried that he asked her for the first and last element, she said some weren't on there.
            Narrated Anas:
            The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post
              It's frustrating but it's not your fault. Insha Allah if your mom talks to the teacher everything will be sorted out.

Maybe someone on here can help you navigate google classroom.

I think he tried that he asked her for the first and last element, she said some weren't on there.
              That's why I figured if he gave her the periodic table directly and demanded she showed him real quick, she can quickly mark them and she wouldn't evade the task

Comment

Originally posted by mmcherie View Post
                You have the computer skills to post on this forum so why so much issue with google in general? It looks like you want to be fed with a spoon. Your computer skill is far behind.....9 days????
                It's a program called google classroom. I've used similar programs like wikispaces and the layout is horrendous with very confusing navigation systems.

Comment

Working...
                X