art analysis of the creation of adam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• art analysis of the creation of adam?

would analysis of religious art be considered haram or something i shouldn't do? for my art class we have to analyze different pieces of art and i had to do 'the creation of adam' by michelangelo. it is obviously a religious painting, and i have to describe what its about and speak about god and adam. is this wrong? i also need to draw a sketch of it.

Re: art analysis of the creation of adam?

Go to your teacher and say as a Muslim it is highly offensive for you to work on something that has God depicted as a human being and ask for a different picture to work on
    As for sketching it I would stay far away from this as it could be potentially very dangerous for your aakhirah
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

this is super hard to do because i have to finish it by tomorrow first period, and she gives us a specific set of paintings that we need to do. i can't really change it now and she only answers her email the next day (which is very inconvenient)

Comment

Speak about Allah and the creation of Adam, and describe why it is wrong to depict them in a picture such as that one (which is overrated anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by zoooz View Post
          this is super hard to do because i have to finish it by tomorrow first period, and she gives us a specific set of paintings that we need to do. i can't really change it now and she only answers her email the next day (which is very inconvenient)
          Better you fail your assignment than fail your test with Allah
          Trust me I was in loads of trouble at school, getting in grief over one assignment doesn't matter
          The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
          ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Working...
          X