Who am I? Where is my homeland?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who am I? Where is my homeland?

I am 17, with Turkish parents, was born into a Gulenist family, was born and raised in the United States, and don't know who I am anymore.......Turkey has become an undemocratic country, and simply an unjust ones, and America is not my true home because I am Muslim......and the acceptance or hatred towards me for my beliefs could change any time.........where is my homeland? definitely not Turkey, the economy is horrible, all dissent is crushed, terrorism by PKK and ISIS scum is rampant.....and America is comfortable to live in but it becomes hard to live in a land which does not share my beliefs and is filled with temptation and sin, and at times, persecution.....since I am in the minority.......where is my home? who am I?

Re: Who am I? Where is my homeland?

Why does it matter?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
      I am 17, with Turkish parents, was born into a Gulenist family, was born and raised in the United States, and don't know who I am anymore.......Turkey has become an undemocratic country, and simply an unjust ones, and America is not my true home because I am Muslim......and the acceptance or hatred towards me for my beliefs could change any time.........where is my homeland? definitely not Turkey, the economy is horrible, all dissent is crushed, terrorism by PKK and ISIS scum is rampant.....and America is comfortable to live in but it becomes hard to live in a land which does not share my beliefs and is filled with temptation and sin, and at times, persecution.....since I am in the minority.......where is my home? who am I?
      Go to israel...we need muslims there.Dont consider it israel but alsham.
      ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

You said Turkey has become undemocratic as if democracy is a good thing. Turkey isn't a great place whether it practices democracy or not.

You don't need a homeland. Your land shouldn't be based upon race, your land is the land of the Muslims.

The Prophet salallahu alahi wa salaam said: “The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one.” [Sahih Muslim]
        "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
        - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
        X