• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shezad
    replied
    Re: Which type of person are you?

Originally posted by The Poet View Post
    :salams

I'm sure all of us have been through and dealt with people like this at one point throughout our lives. You've had someone who wronged and mistreated you, which has affected you considerably. This person might realize their mistake and ask you to forgive them, or they might carry on like normal and act as if nothing has happened.

Either way, how do you react and deal with people like that? I realized there are two types of ways many of us fit into:

The first type: Easily forgives others and forgets all what they've done (no matter how bad it is), and just moves on.

The second type: Sruggles to forgive others and finds it difficult to forget what they've done, and keeps dwelling on what's happened in the past.

So, which type best describes you?
    I'd say, Alhumdulilah, the first one, if you hold negative things they can impact your heart, soul and mind. It's better to forgive and move on.

Leave a comment:

• Amaana
    replied

When it comes to my siblings I'm extreamly forgiving, I can't hold a grudge for too long. Even if what they done was completely out of order.

I think it's a blessing cause wallahi I could be devastatingly angry and upset with them, but a day or few later Allah rids all anger and Ill feelings from my heart alhamdulilah. Even if they never apologised.

I think it's because I HATE awkwardness and you're not allowed to cut ties with your family so might as well try and get along.

Alhamdulilah my husband never gets me upset really.

But if you're an associate or so called 'friend' and you do me wrong I will give you a fair shot. Then I have no trouble cutting you off.
    Last edited by Amaana; 16-10-16, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ninety1daisies
    replied

honestly they don't have to apologize like 'im sorry i did blah blah blah' if they are kind to me in their actions and words and don't go back to their old ways, then i forgive and forget. but if they do it again, then i forgive and be polite but my wall will go up with them.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

First but more cautious.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied

I don't forgive easily but I don't dwell on things anymore

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied

Wa Alaykumussalam
    If it's someone random that I don't know, it makes no difference to me.
    if it's someone that I care about, I try to forgive and forget..always
    But sometimes it's not that easy, especially if someone close to you that you trusted, betrayed you, or weren't there when you really needed them..
    I do forgive, but depending on who it was, the severity of the situation, and how they act after it, are all matters which determine to what extent I can forget.
    I do try to move on, but I am a lil emotional and sensitive, and it hurts me when someone treats me continually in a way that I would never dream of treating them.. but recently I have learnt to not let myself get hurt like this anymore.. and keep my distance.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

This thread is so made for [MENTION=7414]RaNdOm[/MENTION].

Leave a comment:

• Mikha’eel
    replied

I'm a very forgiving person generally speaking. That's not to say i don't get really angry about it, and it may take a few days to cool down anger wise...

That has happened on a few occasions here, when certain people openly slandered me and persisted upon doing so, refusing to apologise for it,but i let it go and forgave them regardless...

If someone has wronged me in some pretty major way, then i honestly don't know how forgiving I'd be. It'd have to depend upon how bad it was, how remorseful they were....something like that has not happened yet

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Originally posted by Morose View Post
    و عليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

The Rock says,

I am the type to get mad and Rock-Bottom that roody poo, candy ass jabroni through a table. And then after a while when my anger has dissipated, I forgive them and hold no bad feelings. But remnants of my former anger may prevent me from showing them kindness [for a while] but Alhamdulillah I am still able to forgive. Unless it's something like black magic in which case I'll never forgive and I'll curse he person everyday.
    Wait a second, you are srahman33? The srahman33? Subhanallah I just realized. Sorry for the neg.

Leave a comment:

• Abu-Yahya
    replied

If it's minor things, then I'm the first person.
    Otherwise I'm the second person. I don't forget that often. I might forgive, but I will still remember what they have done, and keep it in mind, and I think that is the natural and correct way.

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied

و عليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

The Rock says,

I am the type to get mad and Rock-Bottom that roody poo, candy ass jabroni through a table. And then after a while when my anger has dissipated, I forgive them and hold no bad feelings. But remnants of my former anger may prevent me from showing them kindness [for a while] but Alhamdulillah I am still able to forgive. Unless it's something like black magic in which case I'll never forgive and I'll curse he person everyday.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

:wswrwb:

If they regret what they did then I'm more likely to forgive and forget.

If they don't, then I'm more likely to hold a grudge.

Leave a comment:

• The Poet
    started a topic Which type of person are you?

Which type of person are you?

:salams

I'm sure all of us have been through and dealt with people like this at one point throughout our lives. You've had someone who wronged and mistreated you, which has affected you considerably. This person might realize their mistake and ask you to forgive them, or they might carry on like normal and act as if nothing has happened.

Either way, how do you react and deal with people like that? I realized there are two types of ways many of us fit into:

The first type: Easily forgives others and forgets all what they've done (no matter how bad it is), and just moves on.

The second type: Sruggles to forgive others and finds it difficult to forget what they've done, and keeps dwelling on what's happened in the past.

So, which type best describes you?
Working...
X