Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uncomfortable in gym class

hi everyone,
    so at school (I'm in grade 9, a girl, wears the hijab) we have gym class and we do a new unit every 2ish months. this unit is self defence, and theres a guy instructor who's a professional in self defence. he's supposed to teach us... self defence. so he sometimes needs to demonstrate on us and basically the final 'test' is we have to defend ourselves against him (so he touches us). i do have a main gym teacher and i want to tell her that it makes me extremely uncomfortable (easier than telling her its haram and explain it) but i really don't know how. i have gym class tomorrow and every time he needs to demonstrate on us i go to the bathroom so that he wouldn't have to do it on me.... how do i tell her that i don't want him to touch me?? otherwise how would i do the test?

Re: uncomfortable in gym class

Originally posted by zoooz View Post
    hi everyone,
    so at school (I'm in grade 9, a girl, wears the hijab) we have gym class and we do a new unit every 2ish months. this unit is self defence, and theres a guy instructor who's a professional in self defence. he's supposed to teach us... self defence. so he sometimes needs to demonstrate on us and basically the final 'test' is we have to defend ourselves against him (so he touches us). i do have a main gym teacher and i want to tell her that it makes me extremely uncomfortable (easier than telling her its haram and explain it) but i really don't know how. i have gym class tomorrow and every time he needs to demonstrate on us i go to the bathroom so that he wouldn't have to do it on me.... how do i tell her that i don't want him to touch me?? otherwise how would i do the test?
    Tell your teacher it is uncomfortable because of your religious views. They almost always understand religious reasons. That is how I avoided dance in gym class.

Comment

Working...
    X