Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do they always ask men why muslim women wear hijab??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do they always ask men why muslim women wear hijab??

Every angry non Muslims I meet ask me that question... They feel sorry for the women.

Re: Why do they always ask men why muslim women wear hijab??

There was a debate with non-muslim colleagues at my work place about how woman should be able to be free and liberated and all that good; fine stuff and "show some skin"... So my arguement was that if you really wanna liberate yourself as a woman why not come butt naked to work?? how much more free can you be?? Why partly "liberate" your body and held back other parts??

I think they got my message but whether they take heed is another thing....

Comment

The irony of the whole dressing like a Western woman being a sign of 'liberation' argument is that their clothing is literally a symbol of their subservience to men. Look at women's Western clothing. Is it practical? The pockets to our clothes basically have no function other than to look like pockets. Does it actually keep us warm? 9/10 that is not the purpose of the clothing worn despite the fact that generally women tend to be colder in the extremities i.e. feet and hands than men. Is it comfortable? Often times no, style comes over comfort.

Conversely, men's clothing is practical. Even things that look decorative e.g. ties actually used to have a purpose - they used to hold up the floppy neck collars men's shirts had in the olden days.

So if Western women's clothing doesn't serve any functional or practical purpose, what does it serve?

The male gaze. Think about how they design the clothes. Scientifically it has been proven that men across all races, nationalities and cultures like the same hourglass figure in a woman. The preferred size of hips and bust varies across cultures but that general shape is sought after. All clothing is designed around an hourglass manikin. Not all women have an hourglass shape but there are tricks in clothing e.g. shoulder pads, waist belts, a line skirts etc. which serve no functional purpose - they just make the woman's body look like an hourglass. So these 'liberated' Western women are walking around thinking they have 'stuck it to the man' when in actuality their style choices revolve around what men want to see. The same goes for makeup. It is not a surprise that make-up tries to re-create the way a woman appears when she is aroused - natural blush/glow, darkened eyes and reddened lips.

Conversely, the Muslim woman's clothing is designed by her Creator and she dresses to please Him - not men. So who is the liberated one? The one who feels the need to dress up for every Tom, Dick and Harry or the one who only dresses to please Allah and the man who has earned the right to see her beauty?
      And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
      http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
        Every angry non Muslims I meet ask me that question... They feel sorry for the women.
        Coz us women are oppressed, init
        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

2nd most common issue we have from non-Muslims asking us questions, after jihad / terrorism / shock that some people fight back against western imperialism / aggression.

for some it is about freedom, especially women. Usually they will be satisfied if you explain it is about judging a woman by her manners, deen, character and intellect and that it is not possible to have both together, freedom to dress in almost nothing and be judged by these better traits. Obviously it helps if a woman explains these matters to them, but the argument itself can often get through to more open minded people.

For others, especially many men it is about control. Let's be blunt, western men have women where they want them in many matters, they get to see what they want, get (at least some) women who will do with them what they want, it burns them that some people are beyond that area of permissibly and accessibility.

Finally there are those who dogmatically convinced of the superiority of their way of life, women as well as men, and it becomes very difficult to convince them there is a problem in way of living, cultural imperialists, they sneer down at others, and the difference is too much for them.
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

the other day at work;

woman: "YOUR FLEMISH IS SOOO GOOD, ARE YOU FLEMISH???"
            me: "yes, my parents are both belgian :)"
            woman: "SO UR MARRIED TO AN ARAB WOW"
            me: "no im just a muslim because of my own conviction"
            woman: oh ok good luck"

we both leave the elevator but i took more time because i had my cleaning cart and after i placed my cart i go the same was as her and i pass behind her and shes saying to anothe rman "...AND SHE SPEAKS PERFECT FLEMISH"
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

They have an Inferiority complex, that's why,

They know Islam preserves the Modesty of women, so naturally they come hate filled with their attacks,
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

My mum pulls out the (I'm paraphrasing )"I feel so sorry for them in the heat" or something similar. That might not sound too bad but the way she says it ouch
                I'm like mum what do you see maryam alayhis salam wearing in those pictures you Christians like to draw
                Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                  the other day at work;

we both leave the elevator but i took more time because i had my cleaning cart and after i placed my cart i go the same was as her and i pass behind her and shes saying to anothe rman "...AND SHE SPEAKS PERFECT FLEMISH"
                  Lmao
                  Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                    the other day at work;

That's like the ''yes, you're British but where do you family come from?'' remarks down the years. Want to slap those people sometimes.
                    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                      That's like the ''yes, you're British but where do you family come from?'' remarks down the years. Want to slap those people sometimes.
                      Yess lol they think just pasport etnicity so I'm like yes very much belgian blood lol
                      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

the good thing is there are so many beautiful responses we can reply with, about the hijab, to explain this.
                        people can't fathom anything that covers up, esp the niqaab, since we live in such an outward society - that focuses on designer labels, constant facebook updates, it's sadly a society that has so much on show, that when we decide to preserve anything, people fail to recognise why..
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

kuffar love picking on easy targets.................

Comment

Its not just to men, they ask muslim women the same question. some are curious. I have many coworker who are curious about halal/haram food & typically are too afraid to ask for deeper understanding. so the curiosity stays after first round of discussion. all of sudden after years, i heard a coworker ask me to explain because she never fully understood what made something halal vs. haram. It happens

Comment

Working...
                            X