halloween?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: halloween?

Trick or treating a ritual/custom that is associated with the day.

Same reason we don't do sajdah to anyone but Allah, even if there is no 'intention' of worship. It's still an act that is associated with worship. Giving/receiving gifts is part of celebrating/honouring/recognising the day.

Avoid.

Comment

What kind of school do you dress up for Halloween at?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        Trick or treating a ritual/custom that is associated with the day.

Same reason we don't do sajdah to anyone but Allah, even if there is no 'intention' of worship. It's still an act that is associated with worship. Giving/receiving gifts is part of celebrating/honouring/recognising the day.

Avoid.
        Yeah but there must be a difference in going trick or treating.
        I ask , if you see a muslim girl with her dad going trick or treating is this kufr? Shirk ? Major or minor?

What if an imam or scholar does it , in which he can't be excused for ignorance?

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
          Yeah but there must be a difference in going trick or treating.
          I ask , if you see a muslim girl with her dad going trick or treating is this kufr? Shirk ? Major or minor?

What if an imam or scholar does it , in which he can't be excused for ignorance?
          Difference about what?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            Difference about what?
            What ruling do you follow if a muslim goes out on Halloween with the intention of filling up their bags and looking the coolest amongst friends.
            Or how about if they say "yes we celebrate Halloween by doing this'

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
              What ruling do you follow if a muslim goes out on Halloween with the intention of filling up their bags and looking the coolest amongst friends.
              Or how about if they say "yes we celebrate Halloween by doing this'
              My guess is that a Muslim who celebrates Halloween is either extremely ignorant about Islam, about the day, or they simply don't care. I'd also guess that they have other issues with the deen. So if there was a situation where I had make a judgement, there would most likely be a number of things on the list that would be brought up way before trick-or-treating was mentioned.

Comment

go as you are.

if anyone asks what you're supposed to be dressed as, say 'a practicing Muslim that does not partake in festivites that are deeply rooted in paganistic rituals'.
                لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Has satanic origins, too. Totally haram.

Comment

Halloween is supposed to be about appeasing devils and evil spirits. We should have no part in it. As it's your school, so attend your school but just abstain from marking this event. Go in your usual clothes that you wear to school. If your parents are understanding about this then ask them to write a note that you are to be excused from school events that mark this occasion. I'm guessing some other parents from other religious groups may do this as well anyway so the teacher should not be shocked by this.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

you want to have non school uniform, get a t-shirt printed, could with your favorite hadith or ayah from the quran and say you turned up as a follower of the Prophets Ibrahim/Abraham & Muhammad peace be upon them maybe even a headscarf custom made its non school uniform day wear whats islamicly right & fun ^_^

maybe even a bucket full of small well designed quran ayahs to distribute as dawah to school they did say its trick or treat :up:

just saying would use it as a dawah platform for islam man i miss non school uniform days... miss school... MISS CARE FREE LIFE XD im sure we can all relate

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
                        Trick or treating is still not done as an act of worship.
                        I'll direct you to this narration of Abdullah Ibn Amr Al Aas :RA:

قال عبد الله بن عمرو بن العاص: “من بنى بأرض المشركين وصنع نيروزهم ومهرجاناتهم وتشبه بهم حتى يموت حشر معهم يوم القيامة”. (البيهقي 18642 وصححه ابن تيمية في الاقتضاء 1/754)

Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-Aas رضي الله عنه as collected by Imam al-Bayhaqi with an authentic chain when he said:
                        “Whosoever lives in the lands of the mushrikin and celebrates their Neyrouz and festivals and keeps imitating them until he dies in that condition, will be resurrected with them on the Day of Resurrection.”
                        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by zoooz View Post
                          hi again everyone,

halloween is around the corner and at my school, you're meant to dress up in your costume. i know halloween isn't celebrated in islam, but its not really a religious thing anyway. is it ok to dress up, but not participate in any halloween events? i used to do this before i started wearing the hijab and i thought it was so fun, but i wouldn't dress up in anything big, i was a cat two years ago-just cat ears and some eyeliner. last year, i was minnie mouse. i just put on mouse ears over my hijab and put a little eyeliner and dressed in polka dots. is it ok to still do this?
                          thanks
                          Halloween sucks, don't do it

Comment

Working...
                          X