Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halloween?

hi again everyone,

halloween is around the corner and at my school, you're meant to dress up in your costume. i know halloween isn't celebrated in islam, but its not really a religious thing anyway. is it ok to dress up, but not participate in any halloween events? i used to do this before i started wearing the hijab and i thought it was so fun, but i wouldn't dress up in anything big, i was a cat two years ago-just cat ears and some eyeliner. last year, i was minnie mouse. i just put on mouse ears over my hijab and put a little eyeliner and dressed in polka dots. is it ok to still do this?
    thanks

Re: halloween?

A'salamu alaykum. No, sister. We should not celebrate these holidays, they are not a part of our Deen. Masha Allah, now you are older and becoming interested in your Religion so you should be more aware of what is acceptable and what is not. Please keep asking any questions you have. May Allah bless you.

Comment

assalam alaikum, thank you. just another question, does dressing up mean that i am celebrating it? usually people dress up and go to haunted houses and trick or treat, but i don't do that. i am just doing this so that i wouldn't be left out and be the only one that is in the normal uniform, do you get what i mean?

Comment

Originally posted by zoooz View Post
        assalam alaikum, thank you. just another question, does dressing up mean that i am celebrating it? usually people dress up and go to haunted houses and trick or treat, but i don't do that. i am just doing this so that i wouldn't be left out and be the only one that is in the normal uniform, do you get what i mean?
        Muhammad :saw: Said
        "Islam began as something strange and shall return to being something strange, so celebrate the strangers"

DW about being left out it, Allah is always with us.

Comment

Originally posted by zoooz View Post
          Aww. Sister, many of us feel this way. Glad tidings to the strangers. Sister, you are young and masha Allah very clever for asking questions. In your life, you will encounter various situations which make it difficult to decide between fitting in with society and your peers, or following your Deen (Religion) because many Western ideologies and customs conflict with ours. Dressing up does mean you celebrate it. As Muslims, we should not participate in these "celebrations", and if anyone asks you why you didn't dress up, simply explain to them that your Religion does not permit it. You will lose and gain many friends following your Deen, but like the above user said, Allah is with us and ultimately, our actions are for Paradise, not this world. Do you have any more questions, sister?

Comment

Halloween is rooted in Pagan/Christian traditions so it is in fact got to do with religion. Its a promotion of shirk and kufr, magic etc

It is 100% haram to participate in it and even more inappropriate for a Muslim woman to dress up in the costumes that associated with halloween because they're completely against the practice of observing proper Hijab.
            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Nvm
              Last edited by Fragile; 10-10-16, 11:29 PM.
              I love you, cherish you and worship you,
              Guide me on your path to your janna,
              Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
                Halloween is rooted in Pagan/Christian traditions so it is in fact got to do with religion. Its a promotion of shirk and kufr, magic etc

It is 100% haram to participate in it and even more inappropriate for a Muslim woman to dress up in the costumes that associated with halloween because they're completely against the practice of observing proper Hijab.
                Checked & Approved.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

I have never heard an opinion which says muslims should celebrate Halloween.

My imam said feel free to distribute candy not on the day of Halloween to kids but not for Halloween but perhaps it will soften the hearts.

https://youtu.be/ZsuxpN-ZDPw

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
                    I have never heard an opinion which says muslims should celebrate Halloween.

My imam said feel free to distribute candy not on the day of Halloween to kids but not for Halloween but perhaps it will soften the hearts.

https://youtu.be/ZsuxpN-ZDPw
                    Your imaam is a jaahil if he said that.

Because regardless of the reason, it becomes haraam to do it on that day.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post

Wouldn't giving candy on that day fall under kufr?
                      “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Comment

read my post again , slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
                          read my post again , slowly.
                          You are slow, you think I don't know what you wrote. I know exactly what you wrote, and wrote my reply in response to that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Poet View Post
                            Wouldn't giving candy on that day fall under kufr?
                            If it's given in celebration of the day yes.

But if he comes out with some new fangled excuse like is mentioned above then it is haraam, but not kufr.

Wallaahu A`lam.

Comment

You are slow, you think I don't know what you wrote. I know exactly what you wrote, and wrote my reply in response to that.

Yeah you said my imam is jahil if he said that then said it's haram to give it on that day.

It's different than giving it out on another day without the intention or slogan of the day.

/end

Comment

Working...
                              X