filming makeup tutorials on youtube?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoooz
    started a topic filming makeup tutorials on youtube?

hi everyone, i had a question about whether or not it would be ok to post videos on youtube about makeup for me and my friends. i LOVE to do makeup (i don't wear it in public). i just want to film videos about how to do makeup and help people make their skills better.
    is this okay to do? I'm 14 and i wear the hijab.

thanks in advance :):love:

• Abu Jarir
    replied
    Re: filming makeup tutorials on youtube?

Originally posted by zoooz View Post
    no no no,?? I'm not that weak that i would take off my hijab because I'm posting videos for me and my friends??
    YouTube is a public website anyone can see it let's say you name your video "Make up tutorial 2016" YouTube will list your video based on the words in the name and the description and on tags you put so if someone else let's say a pervert types in "How to do make up 2016" it will list your video amongst the results.

Today Hijab to non-Muslims is something dirty seriously it is it's sad what people are coming to be safe.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jarir
    replied

hi everyone, i had a question about whether or not it would be ok to post videos on youtube about makeup for me and my friends. i LOVE to do makeup (i don't wear it in public). i just want to film videos about how to do makeup and help people make their skills better.

:salams
    If you don't wear it in public why film it where millions will see you. Men will be staring at you there are a lot of dishonest a dirty people and the internet is home to the worst people on Earth don't do it for your own safety and For the Sake of Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    no no no,?? I'm not that weak that i would take off my hijab because I'm posting videos for me and my friends??
    Sister hayaa is one of the most basic things for a a Muslim. You should not be okay with strangers looking at you.

If it's purely private between your friends then maybe but where do you wear your makeup? Outside in the presence of strangers? It's not okay to do so.
    I missed the part in the OP where you said you don't wear it in public, sorry for that.

Leave a comment:

• ninety1daisies
    replied

there's so many makeup tutorial videos, i don't think any more are needed. not trying to sound mean, sorry :(

the better option is to teach your friends face to face they will learn it much better that way and it will be more fun, forget the videos :)

Leave a comment:

• ElKh
    replied

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
    So private videos? Can't you just go round your friends house and play makeup tutorial ...the minute its online then people can copy and share....where is your mum in all this? My mum wouldn't let me go on youtube.....I once had my eyes as a picture and got told off ......so don't !
    May Allah bless your mother for protecting you. That is precious.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied

Hey sis hope you're well and welcome to uf. Its not permissible for the same reasons that you dont wear makeup outside the house, as you said. Same concept.. random ppl seeing your beauty. Save it for the ppl who can see it, fam, mahram males, females, ur hubby etc. You can jus show ur friends irl in their houses etc, ur only 14 sis so id advise that makeup as a whole might be something u consifer using a lil less? Simply because it can be bad for the skin and your young so ignore the media and societys perception of beauty. If by vids you mean like makeup tips but not actually showing ur face then thats that diffrent I think but u prolly didnt mean that. Hope your doing well, appreciate ur natural brauty n youth sis :) dont upload to a site where millions of users can see u and look at u in any manner, ur beauty n modedty preserve it because wrr special.

Leave a comment:

• ElKh
    replied

Sister, be very careful uploading pictures and videos on the internet. It is still the public and people have access to the material even after you think it is deleted and gone. If makeup is a hobby, have a few of your friends over at your home and play around with it all together, just don't upload any videos or pictures of you. Even with hijab, your body is precious, keep it safe.

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied

So private videos? Can't you just go round your friends house and play makeup tutorial ...the minute its online then people can copy and share....where is your mum in all this? My mum wouldn't let me go on youtube.....I once had my eyes as a picture and got told off ......so don't !

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    Sister hayaa is one of the most basic things for a a Muslim. You should not be okay with strangers looking at you.

If it's purely private between your friends then maybe but where do you wear your makeup? Outside in the presence of strangers? It's not okay to do so.

Leave a comment:

• zoooz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

No sister this is awful, do not even think about it. There will be countless disgusting men looking at your face. Don't.

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied

Don't....you'll end up selling your soul........just saw a beauty hijabi take off her hijab........the more popular you get the more you drop your morals on Youtube...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X