Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which profession is the ummah more in need of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which profession is the ummah more in need of?

I've narrowed down my possible future professions.....but this could change at any time...
    1) environmental scientist/engineer
    2) financial/economic expert

Re: Which profession is the ummah more in need of?

Brother, this is a good question to ask rather than the threads you have made previous. JazakAllahu khayr. I would say, financial expert, if it involves Islamic finance. You could, in sha Allah, help solve the issue of riba amongst Muslims somehow..

Comment

Originally posted by ElKh View Post
      Brother, this is a good question to ask rather than the threads you have made previous. JazakAllahu khayr. I would say, financial expert, if it involves Islamic finance. You could, in sha Allah, help solve the issue of riba amongst Muslims somehow..
      savage :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
        savage :rotfl:
        No, I was being genuine.

Comment

No, I was being genuine.
          would a master's degree or bachelor's degree from a public university coupled with an Islamic finance degree from shaykh bilal phillips's online university (which is free) be enough to get people to take me seriously? or would I need a PhD?

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
            No, I was being genuine.
            would a master's degree or bachelor's degree from a public university coupled with an Islamic finance degree from shaykh bilal phillips's online university (which is free) be enough to get people to take me seriously? or would I need a PhD?
            Just building enough sense to not care about what people think of you should be enough.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Where do you live?

Comment

Go with #1 because Muslims are lagging in science/tech/inventions etc
                And there's already Islamic banks to tackle riba so idk how would you solve it besides the rules for Islamic finance came from Islamic scholars not financial experts afaik like Mufti Taqi Usmani had a part in it
                “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
                They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                  Just building enough sense to not care about what people think of you should be enough.
                  I don't care. I wanted to clarify with the brother more than the sister, that I was being genuine and he should not feel bad. JazakAllahu khayr.

Comment

Huh.. Welcome back btw.
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Where do you live?
                      The United States

Comment

I've narrowed down my possible future professions.....but this could change at any time...
                        1) environmental scientist/engineer
                        2) financial/economic expert
                        Are you serious. non of those professions help the muslimeen in any real way. Give better options.
                        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                          Huh.. Welcome back btw.
                          Huh.. thanks.
                          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

The United States
                            I don't know where exactly but if there is an Islamic Finance degree that would be ideal.. Also take into account what other members advise you as well, I don't really know exactly. I am thinking out loud with you, brother. I pray you find the best solution to your situation right now as I can understand what it feels like to not be able to get married due to restrictions. May Allah make it easy for you.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                              Are you serious. non of those professions help the muslimeen in any real way. Give better options.
                              okay, then, what is your idea for a profession that helps the Muslims? cause I'm also interested in International Studies and History....would that work?

Comment

Working...
                              X