Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had a similar experience with gay people?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever had a similar experience with gay people?

In my working place I've met a guy (non-muslim and from the West) who is gay. I didn't notice that until he asked me which was the position of Islam towards gay people. I replied. He is polite, has good manners and he is always willing to help. I mean, he looks a good guy.

Have you ever had a similar experience?

• YetAnotherUser
    replied
    Re: Have you ever had a similar experience with gay people?

Originally posted by ISAupNorth View Post
    JazakALLAH khair for being the first person on this thread to speak about the matter correctly,

They are not "Gay" or "homo" they are sodomites,Some of those filth don't mind being called "gay" or "homo" but every single one of them(that I've had the displeasure of meeting) HATES being called a sodomite as it reminds them of where the practice started and what WILL happen to them as well.

some also don't like being called a faggot as the word faggot is old english for a bundle of firewood(Get it? firewood,so true isn't it?)

When I was a little kafir being a sodomite was still a shameful thing that was looked down upon, Gay meant happy, homo was latin for man and if you beat one down in the street for kissing his "boyfriend" the police wouldn't charge you.

Almost the good old days,except for Mom feeding me pig three times a day and the whole santa claus,easter bunny,tooth fairy shirky nonsense,
    OK,OK The days weren't THAT good

but at least sodomy wasn't widely accepted and publicly tolerated
    They used to burn homosexuals at a stake whilst alive, and those burnt wood chips were called faggots. I'm not sure about your version of it.

And hominis is Latin for man, not homo. Homo, in it's originality, means the 'same'. Like homozygous alleles.

Leave a comment:

• YetAnotherUser
    replied

If they feel that way, then that ALONE isn't haram. In fact, if they suppress those feelings, and fight/overcome them, that is personal jihad, and that can be the source of blessings for them.

Leave a comment:

• arif123f
    replied

Sometimes we see, they don't reject that it's haraam but freely continues this lifestyle and don't care what people say. So, what excuse we should have for them then? Shall we promote this just because they don't "reject" it? Shall we show sympathy towards an outrageous act because they are "nice" and "well-behaved"?Does these people have any fear of Allah s.w.t.?
    Last edited by arif123f; 09-10-16, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ISAupNorth
    replied

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    I had a Sodomite supervisor few years back, was one disgusting useless individual who would blame others, backbite his colleagues in front of contractors, couldn't make a decision himself, would ring his "other half" to make a decision,

He didn't ask me for the Islamic position, but he tried to hide his Sodomite nature at first, even the rest of the Kuffar mocked him,

Despised him,

Went from a closet Sodomite to and outspoken dirty individual who would brag about it,
    JazakALLAH khair for being the first person on this thread to speak about the matter correctly,

They are not "Gay" or "homo" they are sodomites,Some of those filth don't mind being called "gay" or "homo" but every single one of them(that I've had the displeasure of meeting) HATES being called a sodomite as it reminds them of where the practice started and what WILL happen to them as well.

some also don't like being called a faggot as the word faggot is old english for a bundle of firewood(Get it? firewood,so true isn't it?)

When I was a little kafir being a sodomite was still a shameful thing that was looked down upon, Gay meant happy, homo was latin for man and if you beat one down in the street for kissing his "boyfriend" the police wouldn't charge you.

Almost the good old days,except for Mom feeding me pig three times a day and the whole santa claus,easter bunny,tooth fairy shirky nonsense,
    OK,OK The days weren't THAT good

but at least sodomy wasn't widely accepted and publicly tolerated

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

Thank Allah I never came across one.

Leave a comment:

• 'noname
    replied

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post
    I've been wondering something.....

With the new "gay agenda" in the West and how accepting people are of it now, you are seen as a bigot if you oppose it in any way. So, I feel like as the years go on, it's going to continue getting more and more supporters. So when asked about their view on gay people, I feel like there will reach a point where a Muslim won't be able to say their thoughts without being seen as a bigot / something akin to a racist.

For example, imagine if a professional athlete or celebrity in this day and age made a racist comment - he would get heavily criticized, lose a lot of fans, etc. Now imagine if that same athlete was a Muslim and said Islam's stance on homosexuality. I feel like the Muslim will face the same backlash that the racist received. I feel like we're at that point now.
    It's already happening. There are gay "imams", movies with gay "Muslims" etc..

Leave a comment:

• Thunder94
    replied

I've been wondering something.....

With the new "gay agenda" in the West and how accepting people are of it now, you are seen as a bigot if you oppose it in any way. So, I feel like as the years go on, it's going to continue getting more and more supporters. So when asked about their view on gay people, I feel like there will reach a point where a Muslim won't be able to say their thoughts without being seen as a bigot / something akin to a racist.

For example, imagine if a professional athlete or celebrity in this day and age made a racist comment - he would get heavily criticized, lose a lot of fans, etc. Now imagine if that same athlete was a Muslim and said Islam's stance on homosexuality. I feel like the Muslim will face the same backlash that the racist received. I feel like we're at that point now.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder94
    replied

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    He has some issues with the Islamic position on homosexuality.

Also he has a boyfriend (:vomit:), so that is probably influencing his decision not to convert.
    Yeah, I figured that was the case.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

Damn. What I don't get is, he can still be Muslim even while gay. He can have the thoughts and just not act on it. And even if he were to act on it, it will be a sin but it doesn't take you out of the fold of Islam (making it halal is another issue and could be / is kufr, but im not talking about that).

So did you guys present those 2 scenarios with him? Or was he just having a hard time accepting the fact that acting upon it is wrong in our religion?
    He has some issues with the Islamic position on homosexuality.

Also he has a boyfriend (:vomit:), so that is probably influencing his decision not to convert.

Leave a comment:

• 'noname
    replied

From what I have seen, they tend to act excited for no reason.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied

Originally posted by neelu View Post
    If the person is Muslim but has desires for the same gender then he will be punished if he acts on those feelings by committing the sin. he would also be very sinful if he propagates homosexuality as "natural" or a lifestyle that should be accepted by society, even if he doesn't act upon it- in fact he'd be sinful for propagating it even if he were straight.

But a Muslim who has such desires but restrains himself (or herself) from sin and does not promote it due to fear of Allah (swt)- I believe such a person would attain rewards for that, the same as how the hadiths mention those who are rewarded when they are invited to do zina and they respond with "I fear Allah (swt)"- in other words, they decline that offer due to their piety. That hadith is in reference to straight desires but (and this is my own personal opinion- may Allah forgive if I'm mistaken) I think it can apply to people with homo desires who live a life of abstinence without transgressing the limits physically (ie through acting on the desires) or through propagation (ie through attending "pride" events or writing articles claiming it is natural etc).
    Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    May Allah grant them firdous al ala
    Ameen. Yeah you're both right, this is exactly what I think too, I put this on the other thread. Some people had very strong views against this though.. but I do agree that thoughts are acceptable, if anyone has these, but actions are not.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied

Damn. What I don't get is, he can still be Muslim even while gay. He can have the thoughts and just not act on it. And even if he were to act on it, it will be a sin but it doesn't take you out of the fold of Islam (unless of course you say its halal, but im not talking about that).

So did you guys present those 2 scenarios with him? Or was he just having a hard time accepting the fact that acting upon it is wrong in our religion?
    This

Leave a comment:

• Thunder94
    replied

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    Yeah. He even learned Arabic and can read it and speak it. He knows Islam is the truth.
    Damn. What I don't get is, he can still be Muslim even while gay. He can have the thoughts and just not act on it. And even if he were to act on it, it will be a sin but it doesn't take you out of the fold of Islam (making it halal is another issue and could be / is kufr, but im not talking about that).

Last edited by Thunder94; 08-10-16, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...what-about-you

What If people actually have those feelings... but don't act on it? ^

I know it's debatable... and acting upon this is obviously a major sin.. but what if some people genuinely cannot help feeling this.. but refrain from acting upon it?

What about them.. What if this is their test.. Not necessarily sin or punishment.. but their test.. how we all face trials.

Obviously anyone who acts on it... that is impermissible, without doubt

But the actual feelings.. without acting upon them..... I don't know.. Allah s.w.t knows best.
    May Allah grant them firdous al ala

Leave a comment:

Working...
X