Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

    Hello sisters of Islam! I have a question that maybe other sisters can relate to or help me with. I converted to Islam back in April 2015 and wear hijab and have worn niqab a few times but I really want to start wearing niqab on a daily basis. I live in a western country where no one else I've seen wears it and a little worried about how people would react (safety reasons). Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

  • #2
    Re: Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

    Assalamu alaikum,

    Wearing niqaab has almost always been a very positive experience for me, primarily because it helps me feel close to Allah subhanahu wa ta'alaa. The protection that it has given me from prying eyes far more than outweighs the very occasional rude comment that i may get. By and large, people are more courteous and respectful than before. We are taught to identify ourselves as muslims and niqaab is a great way of doing this as long as we wear it for the sake of Allah.
    Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

      Sis as long as your doing it for the sake of Allah he will give he the strength to wear it.
      I'm from the west (Aus,Syd) and I'm in the same position.. my heart aches to wear the niqab but I'm so scared to. I know Allah swt will protect us.. but I think that we need to strengthen our confidence and courage to be able to just do it.

      Make dua sis for both of us xx

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

        Allahuma bariik you've converted not long ago and you allready want to start to weaing the niqaab Mashallah :) may Allah always keep you safe & give you beautiful imaan Ameen
        ☝🏻️اللهمَّ لك الحمد حتى ترضى، ولك الحمد إذا رضيت، ولك الحمد بعد الرضا

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

          Originally posted by Beblessed View Post
          Allahuma bariik you've converted not long ago and you allready want to start to weaing the niqaab Mashallah :) may Allah always keep you safe & give you beautiful imaan Ameen
          she already wear both after she converted for sure ;)
          My cooking Youtube channel:
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvc...UgRZfc4r8YJ0iQ

          Don't abuse your body just to feel good, use your body right and you'll feel better - Sparty

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

            Originally posted by niqaabi_nusrat View Post
            Assalamu alaikum,

            Wearing niqaab has almost always been a very positive experience for me, primarily because it helps me feel close to Allah subhanahu wa ta'alaa. The protection that it has given me from prying eyes far more than outweighs the very occasional rude comment that i may get. By and large, people are more courteous and respectful than before. We are taught to identify ourselves as muslims and niqaab is a great way of doing this as long as we wear it for the sake of Allah.
            Yeah I've had mainly positive experiences wearing it and want to keep wearing it especially cause I am so proud to be a Muslim <3 I like that strange men can't look at me and I honestly feel so beautiful when I wear cause I know I'm doing it for myself and Allah :)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

              Originally posted by Hebz View Post
              Sis as long as your doing it for the sake of Allah he will give he the strength to wear it.
              I'm from the west (Aus,Syd) and I'm in the same position.. my heart aches to wear the niqab but I'm so scared to. I know Allah swt will protect us.. but I think that we need to strengthen our confidence and courage to be able to just do it.

              Make dua sis for both of us xx
              It's so nice to hear from another sister who has the same ache in their heart to wear the niqab as badly as I want to <3 I'm from the United states and from Texas on top of that lol so safety is a concern of mine but I have worn it out before and felt so free and loved it so much ^.^ I hope one day we can gain the confidence and people won't view us so negatively. I'll definitely make dua for us sister xxx

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

                Originally posted by Beblessed View Post
                Allahuma bariik you've converted not long ago and you allready want to start to weaing the niqaab Mashallah :) may Allah always keep you safe & give you beautiful imaan Ameen
                Thank you sister <3 when I first converted I actually started out wearing the niqab and was so happy cause I knew Islam was meant for me :) then I switched to hijab mainly cause of my job but I would love to really start wearing niqab daily. May Allah keep you safe as well dear sister <3

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Wanting to wear niqab in a western country

                  Bismillah,
                  Masha'Allah, that you are aim to be niqabi.:up:
                  Dear ukhti, make your intention only to please Allah SWT. Always make your duas when leaving out. Nothing happens without will of Allah SWT.
                  I too live in west, and wearing nibaq:inlove:. it was best decision I have made, Alhamdulillah. There will be always people who will be saying nasty comments. But dear ukhti, it only tell their issues, so brush off them and carry on. We are travelers in this Dunyah.Alhamdulillah.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X