DIY projects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY projects

Those mugs are cute. That would make a nice gift or something fun around the house. You can get those plain ones at the dollar store.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
      Those mugs are cute. That would make a nice gift or something fun around the house. You can get those plain ones at the dollar store.
      Yeah and there is a special paint used to write on them (whether they are ceramic or glass, etc.) I think they are neat I will make them after marriage in sha Allah ta'ala.

Comment

Originally posted by ElKh View Post
        Yeah and there is a special paint used to write on them (whether they are ceramic or glass, etc.) I think they are neat I will make them after marriage in sha Allah ta'ala.
        :up:

Comment

There is a cool project I created once. I bought a big, clear, glass jar and colourful paper (3 or 4 different colours) and each colour has a category. For example: Green is Qur'an, Blue is Ahadeeth, Pink is Sunnah, etc. (Whatever you want). So on the Green I wrote an Ayat, on the Blue I wrote a short Hadith, and on the Pink I could write for example, "Dust off the bed 3 times before sleeping", a very simple Sunnah that is easy to follow every day. And so on the front of the jar I labeled what each colour was. And then folded up the pieces of paper so each day you can pick one out. I think it would also be a neat project for your kiddo.

Like this kind of. (not my photo)

By the way, what are you making?
          this is nice mashallah, so beneficial

i am making an activity and sensory board for my lil one, nothing grand, just something to keep him busy and entertained

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
          Care to share any photos of your projects?
          making this right now, don't have pics of previous projects

Click image for larger version

Name:	870.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	10764268

to be honest, this is the first time in almost 3 years am making anything myself! i used to indulge in DIY every now and then before marriage though
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
            I like DIY projects. I plan to buy some cheap frames from the secondhand shop and paint them different colors so I can do a gallery wall with phrases, geometric, and landscape prints. I'm trying to get my office/sewing room more inspirational :).
            please do share whenever you get down to it :)

personalized mugs are cute but even with special paint, they're not really dishwasher safe..learnt that the hard way -_-
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
              personalized mugs are cute but even with special paint, they're not really dishwasher safe..learnt that the hard way -_-
              Oh that is a shame, I will probably make it and hand wash it then, and once it starts to fade just touch it up in sha Allah. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
              X