any fans of DIY here?
    sigpic

Re: DIY projects

Me.

Pinterest is my friendo.

Comment

I don't like pinterest, I like to follow my own thing

right now i am trying to make something playful for my little one, hope it turns out good iA
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
        I don't like pinterest, I like to follow my own thing

right now i am trying to make something playful for my little one, hope it turns out good iA
        There is a cool project I created once. I bought a big, clear, glass jar and colourful paper (3 or 4 different colours) and each colour has a category. For example: Green is Qur'an, Blue is Ahadeeth, Pink is Sunnah, etc. (Whatever you want). So on the Green I wrote an Ayat, on the Blue I wrote a short Hadith, and on the Pink I could write for example, "Dust off the bed 3 times before sleeping", a very simple Sunnah that is easy to follow every day. And so on the front of the jar I labeled what each colour was. And then folded up the pieces of paper so each day you can pick one out. I think it would also be a neat project for your kiddo.

Like this kind of. (not my photo)

By the way, what are you making?
        Last edited by ElKh; 08-10-16, 04:43 AM.

Comment

I don't mind DIY, I want to do more tinkering...
          pinterest is a good source of ideas but a good distraction otherwise.
          :salams
          Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by ElKh View Post
            There is a cool project I created once. I bought a big, clear, glass jar and colourful paper (3 or 4 different colours) and each colour has a category. For example: Green is Qur'an, Blue is Ahadeeth, Pink is Sunnah, etc. (Whatever you want). So on the Green I wrote an Ayat, on the Blue I wrote a short Hadith, and on the Pink I could write for example, "Dust off the bed 3 times before sleeping", a very simple Sunnah that is easy to follow every day. And so on the front of the jar I labeled what each colour was. And then folded up the pieces of paper so each day you can pick one out. I think it would also be a neat project for your kiddo.

Like this kind of. (not my photo)

By the way, what are you making?
            This is such a wonderful idea.......I will do DIY projects when I am a mum...,,right now I am focusing on eating my way through life....
            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
              :salams

any fans of DIY here?
              Care to share any photos of your projects?

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                This is such a wonderful idea.......I will do DIY projects when I am a mum...,,right now I am focusing on eating my way through life....
                Haha me too. I actually did this for myself to keep on the desk and pick some out every once in a while. It is not just for kiddos

Comment

No, I mean I would love to do it, but I feel I wouldn't be very good.
                  Well the idea above is good and simple... ^
                  But I mean making something from scratch.. I mean I've made a jewellery box, and food tray, and dvd storage rack if they count. But that was GCSE Design technology lol!
                  Like sis shay said, if you wanna, share some pics :) would be nice to get inspiration
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                  [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Me, i love the Iidea but i am not very creative

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                      No, I mean I would love to do it, but I feel I wouldn't be very good.
                      Well the idea above is good and simple... ^
                      But I mean making something from scratch.. I mean I've made a jewellery box, and food tray, and dvd storage rack if they count. But that was GCSE Design technology lol!
                      Like sis shay said, if you wanna, share some pics :) would be nice to get inspiration
                      What about making this: (an over the bed table)

Seems pretty simple, with some wheels on the bottom so you can roll it in and out. It would be handy to study or read in bed.

Comment

Originally posted by ElKh View Post
                        What about making this: (an over the bed table)

Seems pretty simple, with some wheels on the bottom so you can roll it in and out. It would be handy to study or read in bed.
                        I can't have a bed table...not good for posture..

I actually did do a DIY project during the summer.....I bought black chalk paint and made a blackboard for my baby......

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                          I can't have a bed table...not good for posture..

I actually did do a DIY project during the summer.....I bought black chalk paint and made a blackboard for my baby......
                          I have done that before! But I found that it didn't come out well.. Maybe I did it wrong. The best DIY in my opinion is painting rooms. I quite enjoy it.

Comment

I like DIY projects. I plan to buy some cheap frames from the secondhand shop and paint them different colors so I can do a gallery wall with phrases, geometric, and landscape prints. I'm trying to get my office/sewing room more inspirational :).

Comment

I found some inspiration..

You could make these mugs saying anything.. Maybe Zawji and Zawjati.

I think someone will be bothered if I post more. But I found lots. Ha...

Comment

Working...
                              X