why is it hard for muslims to accept no one is going to be perfect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is it hard for muslims to accept no one is going to be perfect

I don't like how people subtlety discourage others from doing good by making snide remarks like what's the point of doing x if you are not going to do Y? I don't get it, it's not like anyone can ever be 100 sinless or without character flaws.
    Or how people fluctuate in iman and might be more religious at one point and not another,just the other day I heard someone say about some guy 'so and so has been acting like shaykh these days, but I guess he got tired now "
    I don't see the point in rubbing that in their face. why don't people ever try to correct people without making them feel bad about the little good they do like they shouldn't do it at all? I know that this kind of feeling can make people feel like hypocrites and fall into the trap of iblis and think "whats the point of doing anything anymore"

because we know people are more likely to think this than to think more positively and quit what ever bad they do.
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Re: why is it hard for muslims to accept no one is going to be perfect

You are right. It's a trick of shaytaan to pit truth against commitment, as if one can't believe or uphold something without doing it or acting accordingly.
    That way shaytaan would make sure that nobody ever tries to be a muslim because they can't do everything.
    All of us failed in something at some point, but it didn't make us disbelieve it or abandon that position, and people forget that they themselves have been there before, so their "exposing another's hypocrisy" is really them exposing their own hypocrisy. And shaytaan is very pleased that he got something either way when people do that.
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

You are right but remember shaytaan also has his army from amongst us.

Once there people joking about a muslim man who was drink and stumbled out of a night club looking for halaal food.

Lots of people thought it was funny but, I argues that even in that state he want to at least eat halaal. Whilst some wearing Islamic garb etc couldnt care less.

we all sin differently... Some of us are good with prayer but, backbite all the time.

others may just be doing bear minimum but abstaining from major sins.

In the end only Allah know whom the truly righteous are.

Comment

AsSalaamu Alaikum.

I've never found many answers for 'why' questions in the life of this Dunya. I look for those in the Akhira.

Comment

another interesting thing, is there is a high link between ocd and muslims, wonder if its related to the idea of striving for perfection. we should ofc try our best, but we are humans and have limits, some ppl make things into a forceful chore of 'have to do things' rather than reflecting on and enjoying these.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

:salams:

Good thread. It can influence those that are trying to be better to stop and think, what's the point? It really does make you feel like a hypocrite when others will criticise your 'religiousness' having flaws.

I hate being called religious for this very reason because people expect perfection from you. They call you extreme and they even blame you for reading too much about Islam because it's a bad sign for them.

I don't consider myself religious but it is important to me, that's the whole point of our lives.

You're either a kaffir or a hypocrite.

You can't win. As long as we're striving to be better muslims is all that matters.
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I like making excuses for others but being harshest on myself. I wanna be perfect. And I guess that's what all muslims should strive to be
              [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
              [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

These are the ones, who are jealous to others. And want to pull them down in their level.
                We should always, encourage each other in good, discourage in bad.

Comment

Working...
                X