دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: The Pill linked to depression

Hardly suprising

Comment

Explain pls?

Comment

who would have thought....
        "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Is it not mentioned on the side effects?

The pill can have really nasty side effects, mood changes, break outs, weight gain, it's probably due to the altering of the female's hormones

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
            Is it not mentioned on the side effects?

The pill can have really nasty side effects, mood changes, break outs, weight gain, it's probably due to the altering of the female's hormones
            Yeah. Don't trust it, and don't think I'd let my wife use it.

Comment

Not surprised.

Hormones should not be messed with in healthy women.

I know people who deliberately take it during exam season so they don't have any distractions -- that's madness.
              And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
              http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                Yeah. Don't trust it, and don't think I'd let my wife use it.
                I would never use it unless for medical reasons. Some scholars prohibit it due to it causing harm to a woman's body (I don't recall any woman saying she feels 'great' on the pill) some say to just avoid it. The way the pill works is it increases progesterone in a woman so that the lining is so thick, the egg cannot attach to get fertile (there are some that even stop periods). Even if it was completely halal by all scholars, I would not use it, it is unnatural and it has too many side effects involving the psyche (mood swings, different emotions, depression) and the weight gain isn't appealing either. Physical barriers are much better as they do not alter anything.

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
                  Not surprised.

I know people who deliberately take it during exam season so they don't have any distractions -- that's madness.
                  By 'distractions' I meant so they don't menstruate.
                  And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

Not surprised.

Some during Ramadan so they don't have to make up their fasts. Not too sure about the ruling for that

Comment

Some during Ramadan so they don't have to make up their fasts. Not too sure about the ruling for that
                      Heard about that too - I know there are women with abnormally long periods who do this but the people choosing to do this as a strategy to avoid making up fasts hmmm...:scratch:

Comment

Heard about that too - I know there are women with abnormally long periods who do this but the people choosing to do this as a strategy to avoid making up fasts hmmm...:scratch:
                        So they fast all Ramadan at one go

Comment

So they fast all Ramadan at one go
                          I know, sis. I was just wondering, like you, whether that's allowed Islamically or not hmm

Comment

I used to know a non Muslim girl in her late teens who was quite overweight and she said it was due to the pill. She had some sort of problem with very irregular periods and so her Dr suggested that she took the pill to regulate it (she wasn't taking it for birth control), but it made her weight shoot up. Eventually she realised it was more hassle than it was worth and the irregular periods were easier to handle than the side effects of the pill, so she stopped taking the pill and her excess weight started really falling off. She showed me a pair of her old jeans which were huge and sooo loose on her cos' of the weight she'd lost since stopping the pill. She didn't mention depression although it doesn't surprise me cos' depression can often be a symptom of thyroid or other hormonal imbalances.
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

The Pill linked to depression

What PILL are you talking???
                              “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Working...
                              X